Gateway Dirt Nationals invade The Dome at America's Center in downtown St. Louis December 15th - 17t

Easy to understand breakdown of the race format..

Everyone qualifies 2 times fastest lap is the best time. Top 100 go to heats 101-120 lm go to non qualifier 101-140 mod go to non qualifier winner can take Chk or go to heats. In the heats on Friday 1st to A 2-5 to B 6-8 to C 9-13 to D. There will be 2 of each. top 4 from D to C to B then top 6 to A. Your finish on Fri determines line ups Sat. Top 8 in Friday A go to Sat A then 9-20 go to Bs then the B main cars then C then D. Which will all break down to 2 Bs 2 Cs and 2 Ds with top 2 from D to C top 4 to B and top 6 to A

Easy to understand breakdown of the race format..

Everyone qualifies 2 times fastest lap is the best time. Top 100 go to heats 101-120 lm go to non qualifier 101-140 mod go to non qualifier winner can take Chk or go to heats. In the heats on Friday 1st to A 2-5 to B 6-8 to C 9-13 to D. There will be 2 of each. top 4 from D to C to B then top 6 to A. Your finish on Fri determines line ups Sat. Top 8 in Friday A go to Sat A then 9-20 go to Bs then the B main cars then C then D. Which will all break down to 2 Bs 2 Cs and 2 Ds with top 2 from D to C top 4 to B and top 6 to A

Thank you for the update on the format. One quick question, it looks as if the format is for 120 lm and 140 mods. I thought the entry was cut off full at 400 total. Am I reading the format incorrectly?
Thanks again.

Yeah, much like the World when they use to get 200+ cars, not everyone makes the heats. You go to the non-qualifier's races, and then beside being first alternate if you win, you are done for the weekend.

Yeah, much like the World when they use to get 200+ cars, not everyone makes the heats. You go to the non-qualifier's races, and then beside being first alternate if you win, you are done for the weekend.

I gotcha now. So if you don't qualify in the top 120/140 you get to save on tires and fuel!! Lol

Why are there always people that are so negative and bitch about everything? If you don't like racing, find something else to do.

I was neither bitching nor being negative, I was simply saying that I had misread/didn't understand the format. Once Moonflow cleared it up for me I was just being funny about not making the show.
I raced for many years, both being successful and not making the show, so I know how it is both ways.
Thanks again
Darin Walker

I would like to know why
Josh Richards
Shane clanton
Rick eckert
Frank heckenest jr
Eric wells are not coming to the vp gateway dirt nationals

Ricky, its alot of money to enter this race, then add in the costs of travel, thats why those guys aren't coming.

Just down there today.
They are planning to qualify 4 at a time.

Remember they have a lot to do and have to be out of the dome by midnight, so the show should move right along.

Should be a good time.

picked up my "DOME CAR" today ,,may just be my last shot at racing - wonder if they will have provisional (@ 70 oldest guy there LOL) as it turns out I an in a limited club-- running the dome race and attempted to qualify for the MILLION back in 2002- C YA ALL THERE !!!

Back