Get Rid Of Ump And Switch To Amra !!

blackex14

UMP has become mindless, letting racers vote on issues that will drive costs of the class up and up and doing nothing to help lower costs. I encourage others to contact your promoters and ask them to consider switching to AMRA ( closest to UMP runs same tire and same type of claim )

or USRA/USTMS ( runs IMCA tire and rules close to IMCA )

Its high time for UMP to get the message that they need to get their act together instead of there current poor management.
Highest priced poor quality tire and bringing on QC's which will only DEVALUE our current Ford 9 inch Floaters and gears sets.

Every one acts as though this is the first time UMP has put the Q/C deal to a vote, it isn't, and it has never passed before. I don't think the use of Q/C's by UMP mods will devalue a 9" Ford floater, and you don't have to change if you don't want to. I would look forward to the change so I could sell all my 9" third members and not have to move the heavy SOB's around any longer.
THANX RICH

probably plenty of sportman cars that would buy up floater nine inch ford rear ends. Lot of guy could probably find used quick change rear ends.

my thought on this is why dont local tracks work with each other and say you run these cars on friday we will run them on saturday and you run them on sunday with no ump or amra or who ever, just get a set of rules for the cars and run them at each track just a thought

Ive beleived for the last 2 years..all the local tracks should get rid of ump..but..go to imca...or..amra?? No..im sorry...but i think they should all ban together...form their own rules..point system ect and go racing..put some fun back in the sport..and maybe a little prize money for the cash you wont have to pay to stay sanctioned. Problem is....you would have to get lotta tracks to do as you do..and that would be almost impossible. Racing is getting expensive..and after the insurance rates go up for next year(they always do) tracks will have to really start pinching pennies to stay alive.

Unsanctioned is fine too. The current UMP tire is way over priced also and has the worst sidewall ever.

Is still think AMRA is a valid option, instead of UMP.

I think that the quick change thing is a good thing,, the cost isnt going to be that much different than the 9 inch and like 99 said,, you pick them things up and put them in and out of the car every weekend and smash a finger or two,, it sure is easy to pick up two little gears , rather than a whole damn 3rd member.... and for the tires what would you want to run blackex14?? a couple of hockey pucks (McCreary)........

racin90 said:
Ive beleived for the last 2 years..all the local tracks should get rid of ump..but..go to imca...or..amra?? No..im sorry...but i think they should all ban together...form their own rules..point system ect and go racing..put some fun back in the sport..and maybe a little prize money for the cash you wont have to pay to stay sanctioned. Problem is....you would have to get lotta tracks to do as you do..and that would be almost impossible. Racing is getting expensive..and after the insurance rates go up for next year(they always do) tracks will have to really start pinching pennies to stay alive.

This is what AARA did when they had modifieds, sportsman, and street stock. They had three tracks for people to race at. I beleive the stands was a lot fuller back then. But racers was complaining that AARA was making their rules so racers could not race other tracks. I had a lot of fun racing with AARA back then, sill having fun now.

im in favor of the quick change, way faster to change nowadays they cost the same, 3rd members are too high anyways, bottom line. 600 dollars for a hub assembly, thats crazy.

Back