Godfrey thoughts 9-6-03

Doug

Announcer
Good track, didn't take very long to pack, and started close to the advertised time. The track wasn't track-record fast, but consistent fast. Stayed racy all night long.

Late Models- 20 cars. Dixon was driving the 16a car. John Seets led a bunch of laps. Great 3 way fight for the lead with Dixon, Seets and Faust. Joe Ross tagged the wall in turn 3 on the last lap- didn't see what happened. Ken Johnson put big tires on his TCS late model and made some laps. Really didn't get a chance to race much, as the car wasn't cooperating last night.

Modifieds- 26 cars, 4 heats, side by side action most of the night. Great feature with Taylor and Wolfmeier trading the lead several times. John Seets worked his way through the field to record a top-10 finish after winning the semi. Nick Thery crashes 50 yards from the finish line.

Sportsman- 21 cars, Chad Day conspicuous by his absence with motor troubles. McCormick was back and was fast right off the trailer. Patton's car broke after heat, and drove the 83 car in the feature. Scott Drew ran Wernle hard in the 3rd heat- great race! Drew is getting better each week.

Street Stock- 23 cars, some familiar faces finishing poorly in their heats. Not sure what happened to Benton in the feature (was going potty at the time :( ), but looked at his left rear fender after the races and there was fresh blue paint all over it. Buddy Love spun himself on the white flag lap while going for the lead. Mortland was fast as always.

Thanks to all who made fan appreciation night a success, and congrats to the folks from Brighton BMX, who kicked some major tail at the state championships!

For results, click here: http://www.stlracing.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26998

my thoughts!

basically everybody i talked too last night said if there was any rough driving going on it wasnt from me .Yes i did hit 82 car but of course hes one of the clan from brighton. Ohwell i guess ill live an learn . by the way does anybody have a house or trailer for sell in brighton im going to try to get in the click hope it works

Streetstocks- I don't personally know Morris Booth but I was rooting for him in the feature. Maybe I just wanted to see that big red boat in victory lane! :D . A nice showing by Him regardless.

(no offense to anyone intended)

Back