Got what they Deserved? U make the call!

dirtcrazy23

dirtcrazy23
1. Worley out indefinitely for a crew member hitting an official.
2. Horton no suspension, raced the same night for using his car like a weapon.
3. Danny Dixon one week suspension in the officials tower for yelling at an official.
4. Griffaw suspension for rough driving, comments over the PA system and an altercation with security.

I'm sure there are many more that I have not mentioned.

Does the time fit the crime? You be the Judge! ;)

I Would Have Just Had The Guy Arrested As Soon As He Touched Me.. Verbal Abuse Will Stand Up In Court And Will Put A Small Dent In The Pocket Book But It Isn't The Point. Never Hit An Offical. Sopmetimes Ya Have Ta Do What Ya Hafta Do:) Worley Should Get Some Kind Of Punishment But Not A Suspension, Rules Say You Are Responsable For Your Crew. Black Flag For Intional Use To Harm With Your Racecar Should Be Gone For The Night And Or Next Week Of Racing.... You Should Never Be Allowed In The Tower Yelling At An Offical Or Anyone In The Tower--- Gone!!!! Griffaw Depends Of What Comments Were Made Over The Pa(not Sure How He Got A Hold Of The Mic) Should Have Been Suspended. I Think Drivers Should Cool Off, This Year Has Been Horrible For Drivers Getting In Scuffles. I Also Think Officals Have No Reason At All To Touch A Drivers Car, Crew, Equipment, Ect.. Hitting Or Kicking A Drivers Car That Has Stopped To Question A Call Should Be Subject To Suspension. Just My Two Cents And Nothing More....

I think at the least, the punishments for those situations listed are inconsistant. Like i said AT THE LEAST.

I think I-55 was qiuck with the trigger on the lastest. I think they should take into considerstion Brian's reputation over his years of competing there. HIS reputation only, not his crew/brother ect...... I've have been going to I-55 long before Brian was racing there and can't remember him doing anything worth warranting a suspension. Now all of a sudden he is HISTORY???? It was just a couple years ago I remember his dad (Sam Sr.) adding money to the payout for the sportsman. Doesn't sound like people I want to throw aside for good.

There may be more to this than has surfaced. At least in the eyes of Ray Marler. But, I think this suspension is EXCESSIVE TO SAY THE LEAST.

I-55 may be St.louis' premiere facitlity. But, guys have left and found success else where.
Rusty Griffaw is a prime example. He has been gone for over a year and has won more races and $money$ than he would have in 5 years racing at I-55.

Brian can definitely do the same. Not to mention the guys who may take notice and also choose to try it. I-55 has seen a slight decline in average car count over the last couple years. They used to have semi's in every class. B- features in the street stock/sportsman. Just don't think they need to drive away any racers unless there is no other choice. It should be a last resort for sure.

I hope cooler heads prevail, and Ray Marler rethinks his decision. For Christ's sake,California and Baseball give people 3 strikes. 2 more than I-55!

I'm really torn on this situation. I didn't witness the happenings last week after the race but I did see some of the calls that led up to the confrontations. On one hand I'd like to be sitting at I-55 on Saturday night. But on the other, I'd like to help send a message to Ray and his Allied cronies by boycotting.

I can tell you this though. If things are as they seem to be or as they have been told on here, Ray definately has some issues that he's gonna have to take care of sooner or later. I'm not sure about Mike K. but I do know that Dennis and Billy are problems to say the least set aside what happened this last week.

First off they both need to keep they traps under control when talking to people from what I've heard. And Dennis needs to keep his butt in the flagstand instead of running around the track trying to line cars up! There's plenty of other people that can do that without the help of the All-Mighty Dennis Klien! That in itself would speed things along if you asked me.

As for the scoring I've always said that I had no idea how those girls can keep up! It has to be, by far, the hardest officiating job at any track. Mistakes have to be a common occurance. What makes a difference when a mistake has been made is how it's handled. Hot tempers from either side of the arguement don't help the issue in any way!

I believe that it takes two to tango. And if there was two people that did something wrong in this incident, then two people pay the price. Heck, even my kids have to abide by this rule. And what's even more, if I can't figure out which kid was in the wrong then all of them are in trouble!!!

It's called accountability! Not to mention responsibility and leadership. Officials are there to make sure things are done properly. Technically they are the leaders of the operations on the track. And as I've said before, additude reflects leadership! Let me spell if out for those of you that don't understand. Poor additudes = Poor leadership!

Anyway, I found a couple of penny's laying on the counter at QT and figured I'd put it to good use and throw in my 2 cents! For what it's worth, I didn't pay for this one!!! LOL!

I don't neccessarily want Allied to go. I do think some changes in their "track" crew are needed.

btw....qwaynick, that was worth more than any .02.....

I won't allow this website to be used to organize any type of boycott or crap as such.

Just let be noted that a lot of what has been said about this whole situation just plain isn't fact.

Hmmmm....

After reading the "scuffle in the pits" and the "Brian Worley suspended..." posts, and now this one, over the last week, I finally put my thoughts together for a reply.

First of all, this has nothing to do with whatever the complaint/problem was with Jerry Grither - I do not know him that well nor what problem he had.

This post is to address the Allied Bashers as well as the Worley fans.

I admit that Brian Worley is one hell of a driver and I hate to see this all happen. I've known him and his family for years. Sam Sr. has done sooo much for the sport - not many people are aware - and that is the way he prefers it. Someone mentioned that he has on numerous occassions raised money for the Sportsman Drivers on special nights - which is correct. That doesn't even begin to scratch the surface of what Sam Sr. has done "behind the scenes" over the years.

Sam Jr. (Sammy) started out racing, then became an official for Allied, then went back to racing. Sammy is a heck of a nice guy and has helped out many many racers with engine advice or engine building. One person that stands out is Ricky Horton (who everyone says is an Allied protected son).

Jason, a great guy who goes out of his way giving drivers what they want in racecar lettering and graphics design. His helmet painting goes unmatched! Customer Service is great. He has contributed so much in his own way also.

This is an all-round racing family who has supported and dedicated themselves to the racing community.

I have seen in more than one post that Allied favors drivers. If that were true, I believe the call would be in Brian's favor.

It is no secret that Bloomsdale Excavating is a huge supporter of I-55 Raceway. The amount of support that this company has given to I-55 not only with the dirt track itself, but the grandstands, the go-kart track, the tractors and grators at the track (supplied by B.E.), the extra generator powered lights when needed for the BIG shows and lastly the financial support - all courtesy of Bloomsdale Excavating/Tom Drury/Otis Motorsports.

They also sponsor Worley's car and the car of Ed Dixon (among others). If Allied or I-55 were to favor a driver - I believe that these two would qualify for that protection. However, as evidenced by the incident with Danny Dixon a few weeks ago, and this most recent incident, I-55 and Allied made a call and are standing by it. They risk losing a ton of support. Yet, the answer is that the printed rules speak louder than the spoken word.

Could it be that Dixon and Crew as well as Worley and crew are expected to live up to a higher standard because of their sponsor support? If they don't, is a tougher consequence warranted? Is THIS fair? Is it fair to the other drivers if they are not - or will that be considered special treatment or favoritism?

Do I agree with the decision? Not really. Then again, I cannot give an impartial answer because I like and respect the Worley's as do I the Allied Officials. I saw MOST of what happened but did not see ALL of it and I heard none of it. I do not know EXACTLY what happened nor the verbal exchange that may have hightened the whole situation. Therefore I can't guess or assume that I know the whole story.

I hate to see Brian suspended, as I didn't like it when Rusty was suspended. I hope like hell that it is only temporary and he comes back to I-55.

As far as Allied goes, yeah, they make mistakes as do drivers and crew members.

I still stand by the fact that Allied still offers the best show. I remember when I-55 got rid of Allied. Fewer cars, fewer fans, fewer races and yet, we still did not leave the track before midnight on MOST nights. Since Allied and Marler came back to I-55, the car count has gone waaaaaaay up, they have had to add more grandstands and still fill them regularly. On most nights, the racing program is over well before midnight!

No matter what track you are at or who the promoter is; no matter who the sanctioning body is, there will ALWAYS be bad calls. There will always be Officials that are not liked. There will ALWAYS be an Official, a driver or pit crew member that flares up on occassion. There will ALWAYS be accusations of favoritism. There will ALWAYS be someone who is unhappy. The best we can do is hope for the best for all parties concerned and hope that everyone involved learns something about this whole situation. No matter who was right or who was wrong, it is what it is. Let's learn and move forward.

Regardless of the outcome, it was a no-win situation for all. Any action AARA or I-55 would have taken, would have drawn fire. If they wouldn't have punished Worley - the favoritism argument would have surfaced. They had to make a decision that may come under fire and be a very unpopular one, but made it and that's it. They stand to risk alot, but in the argument of favoritism, this would have been the time to show it if it were true.

I hope that Brian will be back at I-55 and I hope that Sammy stays too. That family, like them or not, are an asset to the racing community in more ways than most people know.

Just wanted to say good luck to all racers where ever you race this weekend.....:p :)
Lets just all make sure we are there to support our drivers this weekend.;)
Good luck and safe driving!!!!!!:) :p

Please note that I am in NO WAY trying to create a boycot against I-55. I'm simply stating what I'm thinking and feeling. Each person has to make their own decisions about different situations. More than likely I'll be at I-55 this week. Besides, I ask Mrs4j to bring me a shirt! Sorry I got you fired up there Jimmy. Wasn't my intention.

Swappin Paint said:
I don't neccessarily want Allied to go. I do think some changes in their "track" crew are needed.

btw....qwaynick, that was worth more than any .02.....
Be careful what you wish for ... Highland thought their answer was to get rid of SARA, but what we forgot was DRIVERS (if they took time time to participate) controlled who had the power in a racing organization. Now we have a dictator (Charlie) and are not happy. What we should have done was get Charlie to run for SARA president, because now WE could have voted him out. Now the Fair Board has the power to do what they want, and as long as the Fair Board makes money, Charlie will continue to promote the races there. PROMOTERS ARE NOT THE ANSWER FOLKS ....

SARA and AARA was and is a DRIVER organization. BUT ... most drivers don't take the time to participate in the organization until they have a problem. We only had 10 - 15 people at most SARA meetings.

If you want to make a difference, you must become a VOTING member of AARA, I think it still costs $50 and you have to make application (SOON or it will be too late for this year), but every year your membership card is cheaper. I think in 5 years the membership fee is paid for.

Then you MUST attend the VOTER meeting, PLUS get folks to RUN for offices that you think will do a better job. But remember ... the folks who make decisions in AARA are accountable to the DRIVERS. Don't make the same mistake as Highland. Don't change the system, just change the players. AARA is only as good as the DRIVERS make it.

Not really wanting to get rid of allied But some of the officials need to go. I have had no problem with Billy Klien, Not a problem with Dennis ( do not agree with some of the calls he makes), I have had problems with the corner guy that was in 1 and 2 witch is no longer there. The tow truck driver he needs to calm down he thinks he is racing and sometimes he thinks he works for WWE

All I have left to say is if Mike would have pushed my WIfe or Girlfriend it would have been alot worse than what Jason did to him There is no reason for him to push a female. Maybe that is O.K. in his eyes but that S*** don't fly with me

i agree with couple of things said here,there are bad calls everywhere,always will be at any track...i dont agree with the punishment,brian has been racing there for years and is a pretty heavy hitter,has never had any trouble before.he should not be punished for what happened.and i agree with mudslinger.if he had pushed my wife,there would have been alot more trouble then there was,push me,but not my wife that is a no,no..if anyone here had been put in jasons shoes they would have done the same thing,or 90% would have...i know there are two sides to every story but all the stories i have heard are pretty consistant...jason deserves punishment but so does the other party involved.

Back