Hahn Places 10th in Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour Sizzlin' Summer Speedweek Standings

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - WHEATLAND, Mo. (June 25, 2013) - Mission accomplished.
Not only did Brandon Hahn survive the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour Sizzlin' Summer Speedweek, he finished 10th in the standings during the six-race, nine-day event.
"I think the overall Speedweek was pretty good," he said. "We didn't have the best finishes, but we didn't tear up very much stuff.
"I think the main thing I learned is a little bit of patience. There's a lot of races and you've got to try not to force things. You've got to keep your stuff together. Putting your stuff together at five in the morning when you have to race that day is no fun."
Hahn opened the second half of the Sizzlin' Summer Speedweek last Wednesday at Lawton Speedway in Lawton, Okla., where he struggled with a fuel issue all night. It hampered him in his heat race when he dropped from third to sixth, which put him at the back of a B Main.
"The track was fast all night," he said. "That was the first night out with the brand new motor and our fuel was off all night. We got out of the gate horrible in that heat race. We started real deep in the B feature and I just couldn't make anything happen."
Hahn finished 11th in a B Main to miss transferring to the feature.
The team competed the following night at Creek County Speedway in Sapulpa, Okla., where things went smoother. Hahn moved from fourth to third in his heat race to earn the 15th-most points and advance to the feature.
"We got our fuel right the next night at Creek County," Hahn said. "The car ran really good. We really just weren't that good in the A Feature. I was loose entering all night. I didn't have the best finish, but made the A Feature. That's the most important thing. And my car came home in one piece. That's the second most important thing."
Hahn placed 18th to earn his 11th top-20 finish of the season.
Speedweek concluded on Saturday at Lucas Oil Speedway, where Hahn charged from fourth to second in a B Main to advance to the main event after placing fifth in his heat race.
"I ran really, really well in the B Feature," he said. "Me and (Tyler Blank) had a heck of a race for about five laps, slide job after slide job. It was really fun.
"They watered the track right before we went out (for the main event). I went out with nine inches of stagger and it was right around the bottom. I was just way too tight at the beginning of the race. It was just not working for me until about Lap 15. And then it took rubber. Not much passing going on that night."
Hahn finished where he started - 19th - to end Speedweek in the top 10 in points. He also ranks 10th in the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour championship standings.
He is taking this weekend off before returning to action on Saturday, July 6, at I-90 Speedway in Hartford, S.D., with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour.
QUICK RESULTS -
June 19 - Lawton Speedway in Lawton, Okla. - Heat race: 6 (3); B Main: 11 (10).
June 20 - Creek County Speedway in Sapulpa, Okla. - Heat race: 3 (4); Feature: 18 (15).
June 22 - Lucas Oil Speedway in Wheatland, Mo. - Heat race: 5 (4); B Main: 2 (4); Feature: 19 (19).
SEASON STATS -
22 races, 0 wins, 1 top five, 2 top 10s, 2 top 15s, 12 top 20s
UP NEXT -
Saturday, July 6, at I-90 Speedway in Hartford, S.D., with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour
MEDIA LINKS -
APPAREL -
Hahn has black and white t-shirts for sale at his trailer at each race he attends throughout the season.
SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Protect the Harvest
Protect The Harvest was created to fight back and defend American families, farmers, hunters and animal owners from the growing threat posed by the radical animal rights movement. For more information, visit http://www.ProtectTheHarvest.com.
"Protect the Harvest is trying to protect our rights," Hahn said. "Everyone should go check out ProtectTheHarvest.com and 'Like' Protect The Harvest on Facebook."

Hahn would also like to thank Lucas Oil Products, MAVTV, Hoosier Racing Tire, Engler Machine & Tool, Brodix Cylinder Heads, FSR Racing Products, Penske Racing Shocks, Rod End Supply, Schoenfeld Headers, Simpson Race Products, The Joie of Seating and Weld Wheels for their continued support.

Back