Haubstadt Tidbits

CHEWIN_DIRT

one six MAFIA
Some Haubstadt tidbits:

20 Winged Sprints
Their feature took about 40 minutes to run. It was a 30 lapper. The actual green flag racing was very competitive. Danny Smith had to restart in the rear after a flat tire...and finished 3rd. The 4B Busch car challenged for the lead and actually led a few laps. A #1h car from Indiana won. I was impressed by a 15 year old driver who finished in the top 5 and challenged for the lead midway through the race. He has some major talent...he lost his 5 year old brother earlier in the week to a ATV accident. A couple of nasty flips slowed the action...along with a fuel stop because of the length of the race.

Around 29/30 Late Models
GREAT FEATURE!!! Claycomb led early and looked to add another Haubstadt victory to his belt. But, Rodney Melvin would have none of that. Rodney used the lowside to pass Claycomb for the lead. Melvin than opened up his lead to about half a straight away. Billy Faust and Burwell than battled with Claycomb for a few laps. Billy than broke away and reeled in Melvin over the last 5 laps. Billy was much better in turns 1 & 2 than Melvin. On the white flag lap he drove underneath Melvin and they went door to door down the back. Melvin pinched Billy hard in 3 & 4, and there was slight contact...but Melvin prevailed at the line. Billy let Melvin know that he was there after the race by bumping him in turn 1. One of the better finishes I have seen all year. At the start of the race Burwell spun and collected Morris and Kreke. For some reason Brent was sent to the back. Some others present:
MArtin, Zobrist, "Hambone" Hammerle, Sweeney, McMahon, Dagg, Boyles, Unterbrink, Schulte, Burrel, Setser, Baumann, Bex, Grondzki, Kloos

56 Mods
Left before mod feature was over. Names who were there:
Lindemann (won heat), Schwindle (won heat), Kinder (left feature before it started), Bradham, both Schwartzs (one was knocked unconcious during the semi), Walsh, Heizer, both Shorts, both Coles, Hoffman, and plenty more.

After the race I gave Rodney a thumbs up for a good race, I didn't bump into him. I've always gotten along with Rodney great and still do. Gerstner and Heck were even joking about it after the races, I don't think anybody was upset about anything that happen.

Sounds like we missed a good race. Its a shame some people have to attempt to ruin certain drivers glory. Its all part of racin, things happen. again unless you are actually the driver on the track you really cant say what happens, it is not the same as the view from the stands. Anyway Congrads To Rodney, and also to Billy for a good show!

Melvin and Faust both ran a great race, I am glad to see a driver come on this board and tell it like it was. My vote for the year would be Rodney Melvin for most consistent driver, and Billy Faust for most improved driver. Neither of them shy away from competition at anytime, and they are both proven professionals.

Just to clear things up...

Melvin did nothing dirty to win that race. He held his line and did what any good driver would do to win. He knew Billy wanted to drive underneath him...and he knew he had to protect the bottom. Rubbing is racing!!! It looked to me that Billy went into 1 after the race and gave a tap to the back of Rodney...I guess I saw wrong.....but right after that he drove up next to Rodney and they congratulated each other. Congrats to both Billy and Rodney on a great show!!!

But...I have to say....if that race was 31 laps...Faust would have won going away!!! :D

I have to say that I saw it the way Chewin did -from the stands- but only Billy knows for sure.

Billy, Mark my words- You guys will regret befriending Melvin and Heck just like many others have in the past. Just a matter of time.

Other comments about this track.
1) Sprint cars still SUX. 4 0r 5 reds with what seemed like a two hour feature. Come on!

2) Track officials are inconsistent in calls and even change thier minds and rerack the races several times.

3) Only 50 pills for Mods and 56 show up. If you didnt draw one of the first fifty then they added 50 to the pill you did draw. Guaranteeing a last row start even if you were on time.

4) Any driver who doesnt make pill draw should start last in a heat. Didnt happen here.

pITDOG, YOU ARE FULL OF IT.I'VE BEEN AROUND THESE GUYS ALONG TIME.WHEN AT THE TRACK, WHEN SOMEONE NEEDS TO BORROW SOMETHING, THEY LET THEM USE IT.IF IT WASN'T FOR RICK, THERE WOULD BE NO RACING IN MT. VERNON. OT'S PEOPLLE LIKE YOU WHO GET ON HERE AND STIR UP THE SH@@. WHY DON'T YOU PUT ABOUT 7000 VOLTS INTO YOUR PC SO WE DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO YOU ANY MORE.

Back