Helloooooooooo

BIGDON

Proud Pro 4 Stocker
here I sit bored out of my mind looking for something new to read. nothing but the echoes of long forgotten posts. Anybody heard anything new? I guess not. Not much new here either, getting stuff together for my new car. Going to the rules meeting on the 17th? I am, I'd like to discuss a name change for the wannabeez (hate that name). I have a couple of suggestions if anyone cared to hear them. It would be nice if others that feel the same as I do would get together and come up with something that would be acceptable to all of us. If we have to stay with a name that includes bees, why not killer bees or something with a little dignity (wheres my soap box) just kidding. But seriously folks I don't know who handles naming the classes but surely that person or persons would be open to suggestion and I think this rule meeting could be the time and place to discuss it. I have made posts concerning the name and have gotten nothing more than passing interest from the replies. the one thing that everyone seems to agree on is that this name is demeaning. I'm asking all drivers at pevely in our class and any other class for that matter to step up to the plate and express how you feel about it. I for one feel that if you want something changed you have to do something to make it change, it won't just evolve by itself. So unless your satisfied being called a want to be racecar driver in your want to be racecar, its time to speak up.

Now what do you think of that?

Hey BIG DON its Pat again yea the name ****s I race at TCS and they changed the name to FACTORY STOCK. and we are factory stock, but we are looked down on from some of the other drivers in diff, classes, that isnt right, I asked a late mod driver once last year if he wanted to hot lap my car he said no that we were crazy to drive them. what do you think about that?? GAEEEEE. Still all in allI have had a BLAST last year and am starting on my new one this week cant wate untill april it is right around the corner.. Good luck to ya BIG DON....

just my thoughts

I think the name wannabeez s***s. The four cylinder class at I-55 is a great group of guy that just like to race, But they wont give into paying the class because it brings in way to much money, They dont have to pay big money 100.00 to the winner and pay down to 5th. I dont think that will break them. Ive raced sportsmans and even tried a Mod I s***ed at that. and I even ran the two man class when it first came out, I really think the 4 cylinders are a blast. and some say they wouldnt get into one because there not safe. I felt safe in mine its how u build them and the safty stuff u put into them. How does the name Jr. Nascars?

Digdon

what kind are u putting together? Mine is going to be a race-scort. I also think we need 8 lap heats and 12 lap feature.

NOT SAFE?

Well I sure am glad that I got some replies, I was beginning to wonder if anyone ever comes to this forum. Rob you are right , these four bangers are a blast. I can't think of one good reason why someone wouldn't feel safe in one. After all we have to have the same roll cage, seat, harness, etc etc, as anyone else out there. In the last two seasons I have been in some pretty nasty crashes and I never got hurt (other than a stiff neck and a few bruises).
I am working on next years car now, its another 92 mustang. I like the way a rear wheel drive hooks up. This car being my third, I am building it with everything I have learned in mind. Should be my best one yet (I hope).

Yeah Pat I do believe that "factory stock" is a little bland but at least it isn't plain insulting. As far as being safe I don't know how much more you can do to make them safer. Other than beefing up the suspension if your rules will allow it. I don't think the officials would mind incorporating a heavier ball joint and oversize lugs. From what I have seen that is about the weakest part of these cars and I can't see anyone having a problem with some modifications when it comes to safety issues. I don't see that as an un-fair advantage.

Oh yeah Rob, I could sink my teeth into a name like jr nascar, I could be proud of that. I was thinking something like "The Raiders" as in Schrader's Raiders, or maybe "The Pevely Panthers" for all you animal or insect lovers out there. Something, anything. I know its just a name but it would be nice to be proud of your name. I heard some time back there was some mention of us on TV and I was kind of embarrased.

I had considered making this my last season in 4 cyl. But to tell the truth I like this class and have had the pleasure of watching it grow from a few cars in 2002 to somewhere around 22 cars in 2003. I think this class is taking off rather well and I will probably stay with it. It would be nice to have a little purse and I think that might happen sometime down the road. While its true we are not the main attraction there are many spectators that do come to see us and its the fans that make the paycheck for the track.

Can't wait till April and I hope to see you guys at the banquet and the rules meeting. Until that time........

You know the thing I dont understand, is the non-payout!! BIG DON you said around 20 cars (wanabeez) a night, right? $25 a person to get in the pits, average 3 people with each car(giving them the benifit of the doubt) thats $75 a car x 20 cars =$1500 and you guys dont get any of it! I think the first thing on my list at your meeting would be a payout!!! The Hornets at Mt Vernon, Highland & Brownstown get $100 to win, $75 for 2nd $50 for 3rd and so on.( 15 cars or more ) Heat race wins at Highland & Brownstown wins you a free pit pass also.BIG DON it just seems to me that you guys are getting screwed!

Yea BigDon..no pay out ****s..20 cars average..wow. We ran 2 man cruisers when they were out..averaged 18 cars(at least 2 pit passes per car)..and they offered a 10 dollar trophy. 1 free pit pass to the other 9 cars. I think its time..they bumped you guys up..seriously..i liked the name factory stock...id add cars though..factory stock cars!! Sounds kinda cool..any help you guys need on those cars..holler. Please..we like helping guys who are beginning or just having fun. Mike

BIGDON

NOT SURE IF U HAVE EVER WENT TO THE RULES MEETING BUT THEY DONT LET U PUT YOU THOUGHTS IN NOT SURE WHO U WOULD HAVE TO TALK TO BUT I THINK THEY SHOULD GIVE A PAY OUT IF THERE IS ATLEAST 15 CARS. THE WAY I SEE IT ITS KINDA A CHEAP CLASS BUT IN MOST CASES IF U BLOW A MOTOR U MIGHT FIND ONE FOR 400.00 OR SO BUT ONCE U BANG THOSE FRONT WHEEL DRIVE CARS FRONT ENDS ACOUPLE OF TIMES ITS TIME TO START OVER WITH A NEW CAR THEN SO ITS NOT REAL CHEAP IF U HAVE SOME BAD LUCK GOOD LUCK AT THE MEETING

I agree with BIGDON!

I never did like the name of our class,but I can live with that.
But this racing for free stuff is getting old. If I don't break anything
it costs me at least $75 a night to race. If I could finish in the top 5 and bring home 20 or 25 bucks I would be a lot happier than
going home with nothing but some seat time.
Speaking of seat time, a 4 lap heat is a joke, and why do we only get a dash at the sportsman nationals,why couldn't this be added the weekly show. If their not going to pay us to race then at least let us get enough seat time to make us feel like we're getting something back for our investment. Thanks for letting vent, I feel much better now!!

I race at tcs we get paied 50 for first plus a trophey it pays to 5 place.. Wenty is a tight ***, but WHO ownes Pevely,Scharder a Nascar driver dont get me wrong I love the guy but he and his boys could pay out for your class look at all the people they draw, the stands are packed the pits are packed we are drivers we have some money tied up in these cars we pull as many cars as the rest of the classes there spread the welth not asking alot but pay out sorry u guys get screwed at that track for bragging rights. At tcs we dont get free pit passes at all that is unheard of, this class is growing so pay something hell I won 25.00 last year a few times that paied for gas pit pass next week or a little something.. but people still dont think of us as drivers yet these cars arnt easy to drive as people think. sorry didnt mean to get anybody mad but this class is growing and make it worth someone's time to pay out.. I started on my car today it felt great to start getting it ready for the next year, good luck to all u hornet drivers for next year hope to race or meet some of u this summer..

Another thing Mt. Vernon is doing, they are paying the top 5 in points at the end of the year (not exactly sure what but its something ),plus trophies , with 6th thru 10th recieving plaques.

Bigdon, you know why they are not and will not pay the Wannabees at I-55 and there is nothing that can be said or done that will probably change that. The fact you have 20 cars showing up to race under the existing rules shows them you guys are willing to accept those rules and conditions also. I would sure hope they would see the light and put out a little something for your class because all the guys I met this past summer proved to be nothing but good.

Anytime you all want to come down as a group and race with us at Fredericktown you are always welcome. And when you do the welcome mat and the payout we gave you last year will always be there. You just name the time and I'll set it up.

If there is ever anything I can do to help you guys out please don't hesitate to call me day or night. We're looking forward to seeing you all up at I-55 a couple of times this summer and maybe down at the Rock some..

Take care,
Jeff Mills
PR Director at Fredericktown

Too True

I have to agree with the idea that payout may never happen. It appears our class is nothing more than amusement for somebody, or a little more funding to help payout for the upper classes. And yes we all knew this class was strictly braggin rights and trophies but I think we all figured that if it grew there might be something in the future. According to some of the officials at pevely, it is a common conception that we should get something but apparently they cannot agree on what. As it was explained to me this class was intended to be a stepping stone, a chance to get your feet wet. Well mine are soaked. I am really into this and am ready to actively participate on the track and off as well. I had heard before that rules meetings were one sided. Which raises the question: why would I pay to sit and listen to a discussion about the rules if I can't have some kind of input? If that is the case I'd as soon just wait till the rules are posted and read them for free. I have never been to one of these meetings but I feel if I'm going to be involved in this sport, I should be involved in all aspects of it. 100% is not enough for me.

And I don't know where someone got the idea this was a cheap class. Compared to the other classes it is certainly less expensive but not cheap by any means. I will have a pretty good chunk of change wrapped up in mine by time I'm done with it and I have a sponsor who gave me the car to start with.

Milsey, I have had a really good time down there at the rock and look forward to racing down there this year. You guys treated us very well and that does not go un-noticed. It was refreshing to pick up a check at the end of the night no matter what the amount. I'm sure we can get enough guys together to make a show down there from time to time.

For now I intend to sit in on as many of these funtions concerning the pevely track, allied racing and racing in general as I can to find out who I need to talk to about the issues at hand. And you can bet I will talk to somebody sooner or later. I would be glad to speak with anyone in a positive manner (no attacks, no ****er punches) anything else would be counter-produtive and a waste of time. I would like to hear from more of the wannabee (yuck) drivers to get their take on things. If you are a driver or car owner and are reading this, ask other drivers to check out these posts and take five minutes out to respond and let me know how you feel. This is our class guys, if we want changes we have to say so. We may not get everything we want or maybe nothing at all, but doing nothing yeilds nothing. I'm giving it a shot.

I look forward to hearing from you

Don i think the payout i listed above from the other tracks would not hurt I-55's pocket book, they are bringing in around $1500 surely they can afford to payout around $500 of it, don't you think?( i know you do that was a dumb question , lol ) Two years ago when Mt. Vernon started the hornet class they payed $50 to win & everyone else got $25, now the class has grown and they have up'ed the payout, even if you get last place you still get $25. I just dont see how I-55 cant afford this

Sean2, you are going to have to understand what Bigdon and the guys are upagainst. The class was designed for no pay and a complete entry level class. They are told this completely from the start. In my wildest dreams I can't imagine them changing it. I don't think they ever thought they would get more than a dozen cars so what they are getting now is simply bonus. Ray and crew are not being assholes they are just living up to exactly what they said they would be doing. The part that really bugged me was last year their races got bumped a few times because it looked like or rained. I don't think their races ever got made up where I guarentee you the other classes would have. Now there I would have a big problem because my pit pass would be just as important as some late model or modified guy's and so would my time. Especially when my class wasn't getting paid anything but the priviledge of racing at the track. To me that would be the main priority of talking with Ray and crew, to insure that in case of rain our features were treated just as importantly as the others. That's just my humble opinion.

43petty

I know what you mean, i asked Dean Motsinger to hot lap my schwinn around the pits one day at the Rock.......... he looked at me like i was crazy? I guess the late model guys just are not up to a new challenge. Gotta go. Smells like Aunt Jemima is in the kitchen:)

Yea lt mod drivers and others should give us a fair shake last year the " track employee's" got on to a guy for doing a little door banging kicked him out for 2 weeks, the mod,s/stock, lt mod classes bang spin what ever nothing said, we look at each other wrong and get blacked flagged, dont get me wrong we arnt out to put people out by no means but stuff happans FAST on the track, last year I was going into turn 4 got bumped by the point leader went to high body of thr car dug into the track my car flipped one time completly over not touching the ground came down on the drivers side roof (will never forget that soundwhen it landed) BAM! then flipped 2 more times landing on its wheels.. It waz real quiet and in slow motion (didnot shut my eyes) then got real bizzy in the car. My bell got rang but walked away ok, because of the safety equitment I had, but the officals did not come to the pits to see or ask if i waz ok. They say that these are not race cars, they are cars that we race, what the hell dose that mean. what this boils down to is let us race, and what is this crap about jumping the start?? when the green falls go! Hornet drivers are looked down on like we are clown entertainment these cars are not cheep to put together they are not easy to drive so pay out some money or go to a track that will, they will be happy to have us.... Hey Speed Channel start showing some hornet races pay 1000.00 or more to win get around 50 cars or more to show up and lets race. Quit showing this foren crap who cares! Sorry got caried away. Winter blazzs

You have hit the nail on the head

Milsey you are dead on. Ray & co. did not offer a payout from the start and may never. after all it was their intention to be a class just for people to see if they liked racing and want to move up to a sportsman, mod etc. hence the name "wannabee" I suppose. What they may not have counted on was the car count we are beginning to have. I do believe that 2004 will show an even larger count. I personally know of at least three more cars being planned or built now.

I sooooo agree with the rain-out. One night we had ran our heats, I had won mine and for once we were to run the feature heads up. It was hot as ****sitting there in staging waiting. Then for some reason they let one winged sprintcar run laps (who is this??) and to top that off some late mod driver was late to the show and they let him run hotlaps (why?) This whole time we're still sitting in staging sweating, and after a pause of some minutes with nothing on the track, we were told to go back to the pits and that we would be put in last.
The mods came out for their feature and I guess the guys were in a hurry to finish before the rain and there was yellow after yellow until it did rain and that was that.

To me there are two points to consider, first, if that sprint car hadn't ran and I still don't understand why he was even there, and the late mod with his late laps, we could have easily ran our whooping 8 lap feature and been done. Nothing against wingers but its bad enough that when they come to town we are not invited to race on those nights, but this guy shows up by himself and runs some kind of an exhibition race with himself and manages to bump us out of our spot.

Secondly, even if it had not rained, after the mods, sportsman and late models run their features at pevely, that track is nowhere for our little cars to be. We don't get to run soft compound racing tires and after the big guys get done slicking up the track it would be a wall-bangin time for us. I had decided not to run my car even if we got to.

I just wonder if any of our officials down there ever read any of these posts cause I have never gotten any kind of feedback from any of them that I know of. Perhaps they do but don't deign to respond. I am told that the rules meeting isn't going to be the time or place to speak to them about these issues. If not then when and where is?
If they are not going to give us a little payout, then a little more track time would be a start. 4 laps is not enough to even warm your seat up.

My thanks to all your replies. I don't know if it will ever change but it won't be because I haven't tried, I'm not one to take things lying down. I do not intend to be a pain in the ***, but I think we have a right to be spoken to as fellow racers and if we are not even considered that, at least as human beings.

Thats what I think

Thanks Rob

Thanks for the numbers Rob, my new years resolution : to talk to someone, get some changes made or find out why not.

I'm going to get right on that. No better time than now

Back