help needed: tire rotation

Ibnz320

Hey guys and girls. I need some advice on rotating my tires. Here's my setup:

I have a 1996 VW Jetta GLX. It is FWD (Front Wheel Drive). Here is the tire setup--(the car came like this).

Front/Rear-Left/Right

F-L=Merit Radial GT XR6000 P205/50R15

F-R=AquaFlow GTX Grand Spirit 205/50R15

R-L=GoodYear Eagle GA Touring 205/50R15

R-R=GoodYear Eagle GA Touring 205/50R15

The tread on the F-L is getting really low. I did the penny test on all the tires. The tread on the other three tires are almost perfectly equal. On the F-L ( The Merit Radial GT XR6000), the tread closer to the side walls are below the standard limit. Being more specific.....when I did the penny test on that tire close to the side walls, the tread didn't even come close to the top of abe's head, when measuring from the top of the penny down towards the top of his head. I'm guessing I should get this tire replaced soon.

Well now that you know everything about it, how should I rotate them?

Also, I was wanting to know what tire I should get to replace the one on the F-L.

Another thing I would like to know is what tires I should buy if I'm using the car for both street racing and regular everyday driving. (nothing too pricey)

One last thing...What does the 205/50 stand for? I know the 205 is tire width and the 50 is tire radius, but what is it measured in? If I'm wrong please correct me.

Thanks

rotation

i always rotate the lf with the rr and thr rf with the lr---as far as new tires,nitto are the best but are pricey,and for the money i like the 50 sries dayton or something.if you do a lil street racin try lookin into a softer sidewall tire to get a lil better bite.hope this helps ya out a bit.as to why the tire is wore like it is,check the frontend parts for wear and also the castor/camber.

Back