Herald & Review 100 at Macon Speedway this Thursday, July 21st!

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
$5,000 to win UMP DIRTcar Late Models as they battle 100 laps around the 1/5th mile Macon Speedway!

UMP DIRTcar Modifieds also racing!

I seen Babb kick there *** when he first started racing only to lose it to schrader!! They toar his car to pieces and he was lite by about 15 pounds.. He should take them boys to school thursday. Its a hell of a show on the little bullring. lol

Schrader has never won the H&R 100:

PAST WINNERS:
81 - Garner
82 - Willoughby
83 - Pierce
84 - Roger Long
85 - Pierce
86 - Leka
87 - Standridge
88 - Dick Taylor
89 - Leka
90 - Bloomer (first non-Illinois driver to win)
91 - Weaver
92 - Weaver
93 - Moyer
94 - Pierce (my first visit)
95 - Ross Jr.
96 - Drake
97 - Baumann
98 - Baumann
99 - Drake
00 - Taylor
01 - Pierce
02 - Weaver
03 - English
04 - O' Neal
05 - Ross Jr.
06 - Babb
07 - Steidinger
08 - Weaver
09 - Babb
10 - Erb

That was in 1997... Ed Bauman got the win when he was light.
I seen Babb kick there *** when he first started racing only to lose it to schrader!! They toar his car to pieces and he was lite by about 15 pounds.. He should take them boys to school thursday. Its a hell of a show on the little bullring. lol

Video of 1997 Herald & Review 100
[video=youtube;epkQJbJjJBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epkQJbJjJBc[/video]

Thanks jimmy!! I've had to many budlights since then to remember!! lol I think babb had a horse trailer he was hauling his car with at one time..

Babb

Was that the year he jumped in Vigil Bilbrey's car,after throwing an oil pump belt as he left the pits????:confused::cool: I believe he was light at the World 100 later that year,also.:confused:

You are right about jumping into Bilbrey's car...not sure if that was the same year as being light at the World 100. I feel like that happened at least a year or two later than 97.

Babb did lose a race at Macon driving the Bi-rite auto salvage grt to Schrader.15 or so pounds lite.It wasn't a herald and review race it was a touring series that I just can't remember the name of at the moment.I think it was a few years before he got in Bilbreys car.

Yeah cause schrader came on stage and said oh i hate to win one this way but i'll take it.. I think it might have been the Nothern Allstars.

What year was it, when he showed up at Fayette Co. with a UMP Mod and peach fuzz???? Late '80s,maybe....

It was a NASCAR Busch All-Star Tour race when Babb was light after beating Schrader in Terry Conrad's Bi-Rite Auto Salvage GRT entry.

Back