Hey CILTRAK

fryefan66

When & where will those of us who have pit passes from the rained out UMP Summernationals be able to use them? There is not much left of the racing season, so we need to be informed of your decision as soon as possible.

Pit passes are generally not being honored as rain checks as we are/have paid out to each class that raced and teams will/have been compensated. The resolution varied by class. We ran double features for sportmods the following week, will run double features for Modifieds Sept 27th (open double features), and we are compensating the Late Model teams that made the show as well as adding an increased payout night on Sept 20th to help the teams that didn't. Checks were handed out Sunday to those in attendance and are in the mail to those that weren't.

Grandstand tickets are rain checks and we have been honoring them for full value - giving a credit back for the difference.

If you were in the pits without any connection to a team in attendance, you can contact me to explain your circumstances at kdobson99@gmail.com and I'll consider a special circumstance exception and might make alternate arrangements. But for the most part the people in the pits were there to help a race team that is being compensated..

We basically had two options. Make all tickets and pit passes rain checks and not pay out the racer.... or pay out the racers and not issue rain checks. We chose something in the middle that allows us to compensate the teams but honor the grandstand tickets as rain checks. It's not perfect, but under the circumstances pretty fair. No doubt we are paying out far more than the amount of pit passes we sold that night.

I was there Sunday and didn't get anything? I was to start in the front of the b main for the race? What do I get? What did the other guys in the b get? No one has said anything to me and I have raced there every week!

Good question Westling. I believe there are more than a few guys asking the same thing. I think the answer is that you get to race double features on the 20th and get 2 checks that night.

Sorry, I missed this question. It's impossible to know who was or wasn't going to transfer from a B-Main, so like Keith said we are basically taking the B-Main pay and some extra and adding it to the 20th. Most of the B-main were guys like you who race with us regularly. The other alternative was to call it a rainout and pay nobody and let you keep your pit passes - many of which have been tossed.

Ok that will work unless I don't have a car. I flipped it Friday night in Belleville. I'm working on it now and hope to be back this week. And yea I did lose my pit pass.

As an outsider who has not had a chance to get to any of their shows this year, I applaud CILTRAK for their efforts to work with both racers and fans fairly on a weekly basis. This has been a tough year for everyone in racing due to the weather, and makes even the thickest skinned veteran a bit cranky at times. I also appreciate their effort to communicate their plans and observations in a timely and coherent way on here and social media. So for that, CILTRAK, I say thank you.

Back