hey wade,i told you so

FIREBALL

this will no doubht get be banned from godfrey,heck it wont be the first track i got the boot from,,,when you all first came up with this grand idea i tried to tell you that this was a no win situation,way to high a entry fee,to late in the season,etc.etc.you could have had three time as many cars,offered to pay a third of the ten G's and not beat the racers up at the pit gate,,,BUT YOU REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT GETS IN MY CRAW MORE THAN ANY THING,,I SUJESTED THAT YOU ADJUST THE RULES TO LET THE STOCK STUB CARS RUN BY LOOSINING UP THE RULES REGARDING WIDE 5 HUBS,LEAF SPRINGS ETC...WELL I GOT BEAT UP BY SOME ON THIS SITE FOR SUJESTING THAT(inculding by some FORD driver)AND LOW AND BEHOLD,,,A STUBED CAR WON AND HE HAD WIDE 5s,,,I HAVE BEEN IN THIS RACING GAME A LOT LONGER THAN MOST PEOPLE THINK,JUST CAUSE I DONT CARRY A CHECKERED FLAG EVERY NIGHT DONT MEAN I I'M CLUELESS ABOUT PROPER RACE TRACK PROMOTION,,,IF YOU EVER WANT TO TRY A BIG PAYOUT RACE AGAIN GIVE ME A CALL I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO SHARE SOME GOOD PROMOTINAL ADVICE WITH YOU,,,,,,AT NO CHARGE,,,

hey fireball you think you can do such a great job running a track you should go by one maybe wildchild will back you (so he will have a track to race at) and you can show everybody your great wisdom.

Well Fireball I must say I agree with you also. I about lost it when I heard what the entry fee was. And then what they payed out to the winner. Hmmm makes you wonder!!! :confused:

hmm

fireball they had leaf cars, stock stub, wide five they let the rules too far out of hand an the #1 that won it was not on wide 5s but he was on alky

Will the same thing happen this weekend with the 7 grand to win Mod show...with Late Models as the support class???

i doubt there will be such a problem with the modified show this coming weekend. There really isnt much question about UMP rules for most drivers, and im sure that they will use UMP rules for the show.

I wont respond to FIREBALL's post either way for the sake of not adding to the snowball effect.

Goodluck to Godfrey with the mod show this weekend, i hope you get the cars you want because I saw the payout sheet last night at for the show and trust me when i say its pretty sweet.

I suggest this, give the promoters a chance, atleast they are trying to do something for the racers which is more than you will see from the beloved Pevely.

Ever seen a 5k to win show at Pevely for anything but sprints or LM's??? All im saying is try to support the guys that are attempting to do something good for the drivers and fans. Sometimes things go belly up as last weekends show did, but that doesnt mean give up on them and bash them into the ground. Support your drivers and local tracks, we dont know how fortunate we are around here to have so many good local tracks to pick from when it comes to dirt track racing.

temprmntl1

truth is i am way to far out on the fringe,actually the fringe of luacy to calm down enough to run a race track,when the godfrey folks first came up with this grand idea,i came on this site and ,with my limited wisdom,tried to advise and all i got was ignored,then i sugested that the rules be simplified,make them weight so much,make the tires hoop so much and go racing,thats when i really got beat up,,promoting a race track is like going on the boat,you dont put all your money on the first roll of the dice,,as first year promoters i would have sugested a more conservitive approach both payout wise and entry fee wise,,i for sure dont know every thing,but i aint blind,i saw the writing on the wall,,,,,

one more thing,,for the record,I NEVER WISHED THE GODFREY PROMOTERS ONE SECOND OF BAD LUCK,AS A MATTER OF FACT I WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN HAPPY TO ,as the saying goes,EAT A LITTLE CROW HAD THEIR EVENT BEEN A SUCESS,,also for the record,i have promoted races,i have been on the board of a local racing association,you know that racers auction they have at Bellville every year,ask Charley Sentman who got that deal going,,better yet ask ALLIED who finnally got them to pay tow money way back when,,,,whew,,long winded aint I,,,,

Yes fireball..the rules did get out of hand..but..they were runnign leaf and stub cars..dont know what you mean by that..but alky? That blew me away..but..I the problem that was going on..was..sum guys..from up north..interperted the rules on bomber as street stocks..see..and they got mad. Wanted to run wieght jacks...ect for a bomber. Look at the rules..doesnt say that and quick steers too. I think he and the crew just got overloaded..it happens. And gee..Brian disgusted with Godfrey..lol..news!! Anyway..i was there..and they just needed help..not people shouting their mouth off..like was going on..but..everyone..including mother nature..to sit down..and come to a happy medium. He needed a sponsor..somone to put the big bucks up and let him run the show..that didnt happen. I am sure he learned his lesson..and next time..it will be much much better. You even yourself fireball..have to admit..they racing and the program has improved this year by 100 fold. And can and will get better next year. If Wade needs a hand..ill be more than happy to clean toilets next year if i can help him..he has gained my respect. I unfortunately had to work..and couldnt come till late..but next year will be better.

racin90

i fully agree with you on what you said about not helping matters by getting in some ones face,,,we have a race director at highland that will give you a new york minute to say your piece,you had better say it quick and move on,or you might just be movin out the pits for the rest of the night,,,when i went off on the godfrey bunch earlyer in the year,i would have took about 2 minutes of my b-it-c-hen and told me to take a hike out the gate,,when you run a race track you got-a run it with a heavy hand,,,,,,dont never let things get out-a control

Racin90,

When you have know clue as to what is going on stay out.Know one misinterpreted the rules they were told BY CHAD THAT THE CAR WAS LEGAL ON FRIDAY WITH THE WEIGHT JACKS AND QUICK STEER,besides there was metal plates welded on top of the weight jacks so you could'nt use them.Then on Saturday the other drivers start crying so then they tell us you can't run the quick steer or the afco master cylinder,but everything else is ok.
So when someone is telling you one thing on the phone then he tells you something else when you meet him face to face,then he turns around and tells you something different 12 hours later!!

Ok mr eskew..ill repeat what i said...you were probably one of the bunch so..ill repeat for those who dont get it..you guys..brought your cars..told them they were STREET STOCKS but..u brought them to race the BOMBERS! BOMBERS! Key word..BOMBERS! They had people calling..saying..hey..is this legal for a street stock..thinking bomber class..that is what happened. I think..truthfully it shoulda been called a sportsman-street stock show. But..if you think..any track will allow steering quickners...pullbars..moved pedals...weight jacks on all corners for a bomber..then..you should cal around. No track does that..and Godfrey didnt either. But..i did say..i think letting the guy wiht the alky run..hmm..that was bad..and the last minute 3100 pds rule change..interesting! Like i said.it was kaos..and was out of control...noone kept track of what was a bomber..and what were STREET STOCKS. That is what happened..shoulda ran with the STREET STOCKS and gotten sum fun out of it. Read the rules..once again..and it was CLEARILY posted for the BOMBERS! Just like reading instructions before assembling a mower..read it..and youll be fine..wanna go by seat of the pants..well..expect a rocky road.

Whatever!!

When we talked to Chad on the phone (too many times to mention he knew what we had and he said do this and this and you well be fine only to drive down there to be told different!! I always go by the seat of the pants, and can handle any road.

eskew 11

if you had weight jacks and quick steer and pettals what class should you run,now lets see you must be a lousy driver,or you wanted to take a sportsman and run against bombers,what class do you run,quit crying and build a bomber if you want to race the class,your an idiot ,88 morey racing

Question for CQCQ

Originally posted by CQCQ

I suggest this, give the promoters a chance, atleast they are trying to do something for the racers which is more than you will see from the beloved Pevely.

Ever seen a 5k to win show at Pevely for anything but sprints or LM's??? All im saying is try to support the guys that are attempting to do something good for the drivers and fans. Sometimes things go belly up as last weekends show did, but that doesnt mean give up on them and bash them into the ground. Support your drivers and local tracks, we dont know how fortunate we are around here to have so many good local tracks to pick from when it comes to dirt track racing

CQCQ how can you contridict yourself 2 times in this post???
I think you are confused :confused: You are talking about people bashing Godfrey into the ground but in the same post you had no issues doing the same thing to Pevely twice it's right above here for reference.. :rolleyes: And is that prize money a 100 percent for sure thing ? I know I am leary but hey everyone deserves a 2nd chance. Some of us are very aware of the fine tracks we have around here,..... And no I have never seen Pevely throw a big show for the mods but they keep coming back for some reason... Maybe because they get what they are promised.... I don't know but they keep coming back... And I for one appreciate every last driver and their crews and families that show up to allow me to have a BLAST every Saturday Night reguardless if it is Pevely or Bum F@#K Eygpt.....

Lisa

10K AND 200 CARS WAS REDICULOUS AND UNREALISTIC. AT LEAST A THE TIME THEY TRIED TO DO IT, WITH SOME MUCH STILL GOING ON.

5K WITH 100-80 CARS WOULD HAVE BEEN MUCH MORE REALISTIC!

IF YOU DON'T GET THE DESIRED AMOUNT OF CARS, THEN CUT THE PURSE ACCORDINGLY. IF YOU GET 75% OF THE CARS NEEDED, PAY 75% OF THE PURSE.

IN CASE YOU THINK THIS ISN'T A GOOD FORMULA, CHECK WITH CHARLIE AT B-TOWN. HE SEEMS TO DO IT AND MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY AND CONTINUE TO RETURN.

dirtgirl i think you are confused. Stating that Pevely never has anything high dollar for anything but LM's and sprints is NOT bashing them, its stating fact. Saying Pevely does little for the racers that arent in a LM or Sprint is NOT bashing its a FACT also.

Any track can have a 1k to win show for mods that pays 50 bucks to start and deliver everything that was promised. Fact is that if you dont drive a LM or a sprint at Pevely the only thing you are is a support class that runs for run of the mill money that can easily be found being paid an many local tracks throughout the year.

Point in case, in the big 15k to win race coming up, who is the support class and what do they get payed to win???

This is my only gripe about Pevely, they have the nicest facilities of any track around and take care of the fans very very well. I have been there many a time and never not enjoyed my night, and will continue to go there on occasion depending on what the circumstances are.

I just think that for all that Pevely is, and the support from the fans and car counts the place gets that it would be nice to give the "support" classes a night once a year or so to race for a big purse. Im VERY sure that the cars would show up and money would be made so i doubt its a matter of making/losing money.

Dont look too far into this, i had intended the criticism of Pevely to serve as an example not to have you accuse me of tearing the track down. Voicing a problem in a decent way (as i think i did the first time) is not tearing a track down, its voicing a concern. Seems like nobody can say anything bad about Pevely without getting jumped on. Not like i came on here and said pevely ****s, they screwed me, they play favorites, or anything like you normally see on this board. What i said is true, so how can that be bashing, sometimes the truth hurts, maybe my concerns will get results, i doubt it lol.

Last year Pevely had a 2 grand to win Mod race with Sportsman...the racing and car counts was awesome, but the crowd was pretty little.

If you want bigger shows for the support classes..people have to support them.

Next good chance:

I-55 Sportsman Nationals on October 11th.
It will feature up to 4 thousand to win Sportsman race with 500 to win bombers and 250 win wannabee's/Hornets.

Back