Highland Results 8/16/03

The cam was illegal, I bought the motor from travis tebbe, he said that the cam was legal, so I just ran it. The cam had about .440 lift on the lobe that was checked. The rule is .420. I am not mad about being caught illegal,becuase I was. I'm just aggravated that I was told by travis that it was legal. I talked to him this morning, he said that when he ordered the cam he ordered it with .396 and .400 lift. He thinks they might have sent him the wrong one. Anyway, I won't be back this year, but I'll try to make a run for it next year.
Timmy Koch

Highland car count?

Whats up with Highlands car count? Two LM heats,Two Mods,Two SS, Three Bomber and Two Bee.s Where is everyone at? This is two weeks in a row that someone said they wont be back. Why?

25?? Sportman Finishing Spot??

Sportsman Division – 17 Cars

Heat 1 – Brian Bielong (B5), Mike Harrison (2), Tony Frazier (58), Paul Nash (93)

Heat 2 – Dustin Knerrer (99K), Jason Bohnenstiehl (15), Chad Frauenfelder (74), Luke Hewitt (95)

Dash – Brian Bielong (B5), Dustin Knerrer (99K), Jason Bohnenstiehl (15), Mike Harrison (2)

Feature – Brian Bielong (B5), Dustin Knerrer (99K), Mike Harrison (2), Ryan Driemeyer (88), Tory Ernst (27E), Mark Bohnenstiehl (23B), Tony Frazier (58), Todd Huegen (39), Bob Koch (3), Jerry Kaufman (29), Paul Nash (93), Luke Hewitt (95), Chad Fruaenfelder (74), Scott Drew (88S), Jason Bohnenstiehl (15)

Other Cars in Attendance – Ryan Reinacher (7R)

What happened with the 25 sportman? I know he finished 5th in the 2nd heat, but does not show in the feature finish??
thanks

who wants to go to a track where if you don't start up front you don't have a chance? I went to Highland for only the second time this year, and I won't be back. I paid twenty bucks to watch follow the leader in every class, and watch Martintoni put to the back for rough driving. Come on he is the only clean driver out there. Also what is up with Harrison telling them where to water the track before the features. (No favoritism there) I used to goto Highland every week, and if you didn't get there early, you had a hard time finding a seat. Sat. night there was plenty of seats, I guess other people must be seeing what a joke Highland is becomming. Charley has gotten the last of my money.

Re: 25?? Sportman Finishing Spot??

Originally posted by Tuff-E-Nuff
What happened with the 25 sportman? I know he finished 5th in the 2nd heat, but does not show in the feature finish??
thanks

I will check on this tonight from home.

It's called debris!

Mike was letting the turn 1&2 corner man know there was pieces of debris in the turn. Where in the WORLD would you get telling Charlie where to water the track out of that??

the problem with the car count is because charlie keeps running people off because of his stupied calls he keeps making if he keeps it up then the only people he's gonna have the is the one's that kiss his @#$. in the past 3 weeks he ran off at least 5 cars.
and if Geotter doesn't learn to drive real soon he's not gonna have to worry about selling his car because its going to be made junk out of because he already has one coming.

Why when there are 19 Late Models are there only 2 Heat races. That decision cost some good drivers and fan favorites a good starting spot in the heat race. This in turn cost them a possible better starting spot in the feature. Which could cost them valuable points at the end of the year for the track championship. Heat races are very important to a drivers night and season, STARTING 2 or 3 rows deep in a heat race instead of front row in the heat makes all the difference in the racing event. They qualify for a good starting spot, but if they do not question why I guess it is not a big deal !!!!! I just didn't understand why or how this could have happened. :confused:

I personally do not have a scanner and yes I have been told what the reason might have been. But I can not understand how something that important to drivers could happen. If you qualify 19 cars you should know how many heats to have and the drivers should also know and question it if it looks wrong. I raise this question to bring attention to it so the drivers in all classses will get a fair shake and/or will at somepoint ask why," if the mistake is made again".
Thank You
JCUP

:D

Re: Re: 25?? Sportman Finishing Spot??

Originally posted by SCORETHIS
I will check on this tonight from home.

My apologies to the #25 Brett Korves. He finished the feature in 11th position. I will adjust the website accordingly.

How about full results-8/9 Hornets?

Thanks ... now can you give me the FULL results for 8/9 for the hornets in each heat race ... on this thread:

http://www.stlracing.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26077

This spot challenge means a lot to the Hornets since even splitting the money is like winning a feature or getting 2nd.

I show the original line up was as follows:
1 3E
11 71
87 3
88 11X
54 8 UP
9 85
69 22
69K 50
15 2

8 up started 10th finished 4th ... 6 passes
15 started 17th finished 9th ... 8 passes

8 up got the check and they said he passed 3 cars when the check was presented? Even if you don't count the non-starters, 69, 22, 2 and 16, 15 still started 15th finished 9th .. 6 passes.

The money should have been split?

What would really help is to get the official finishes of the heats which will verify the line up .. Thanks ...

Correction

Tuff-E-Nuff

The total # of spots gained by Bill Kenebel Jr in the Hornet Feature for 8/9 was actually 6 and not 3. Riley Warren gained 3 spots on 8/3.

I've listed the feature lineup and results for you for August 9 below:

Starting order:
3E
11X
8up
69K (req. rear on start)

Finish order:
3E
11X
8up

Car # 8up started 10th, finished 4th for a gain of 6 positions
Car # 15 started 14th, finished 9th for a gain of 5 positions

8up was indeed the car gaining the most spots, thus the winner of the $150 bonus for 8/9.

Hope this helps,

Leigh Ann Wells

Thanks ...

I guess I didn't catch the 69K going to the rear.

That's what I needed to verify everything ... couldn't tell by the posted line up if the money should have been split...

Knew someone out there had to have the official line up and finish.

Thanks Leigh Ann for the info.

spic stache

First of all Meyer, if your car wouldn't have shut down Goetter would of never hit you. Second of all, if you think he's got one coming your chance is up for the year because the car is already sold and is no longer in Eric's possession. However, the car is in another Goetter's possesion so look out. If you want to take that car out then be ready to deal with Ronnie and Swervin Ervin.

stupid

i would like to tell all of the modified driver to watch out because goetter will take you out to when he gets his new car done.:rolleyes:

first of all i'm not Meyer. second of all meyer's car was not shut down until after fat *** hit him and i don't care who own s the car now if he drives like eric he'll get treated like him. and if eric doesn't like it maybe his fat *** needs to get knocked out again

Back