Highland speedway.

can someone at highlandspeedway please let us know what is going on. are you racing saturday or not. a simple yes or no. thanks.

No racing on Sept 12. UMP Late Models, Steve Schmitt Modifieds, Street Stock and UMP Factory Stock championship night will be on Saturday, Sept 19th. UMP Sportsman championship night will be on Sunday, Sept 27th. Thanks, Sue Z

what's the prices

As much as me myself and I think (because Aaron don't know yet)... this is the most dumbest thing Highland has done yet..(besides sidelining races in the middle)... how is that fair at all? Your going to make us pay more to get into the pits and stands because it's the hornet 2 day show.. and where is that extra money going? To the hornets I'm assuming. I know Pevely is running the 19th.. but if your in the points for Highland then you'd be at Highland to race otherwise go to Pevely. This way running the 27th your giving all the other cars who normally wouldn't run Highland the chance to come down and run a CHAMPIONSHIP race and take a spot away from someone who's been there all year? I don't believe there was much thinking on Highland's part on this decision.
Why not hire some people to work the pits, infield and run this weekend if anything? I think the only people getting screwed on this decision is the sportsman drivers but that's just my opinion. Hopefully there are more sportsman drivers, fan who are thinking the way I am.....

The way I see it.....Are Sportsman out for 2010 and are Crates in? Why would they be bringing in the Crates for the last three weekends and now the Sportsman are booted out on Championship Night. Common since would tell you that this class and there fans have supported this track all year long and you are going to treat these guys like this. Now I see that you want to charge $15 for the fans to get in on the two day for Sunday the 27th when we have supported this track all year long. Do we get to bring our can goods for $2 off? Also, since it is more to get in that night are you going to pay the Sportsman more money for there feature?

Once again this is JMO

Brandy

championship

i agree with u brenda as i for am runnin in the championship chase but we and our fans are gettin screwed by havin to pay a higher price for the stands and to have ur championship race on sunday afternoon i think thats a bunch of crap. i think we aughta have it the 19th like it was .you are only gonna lose 1 or maybe 2 sportsman, if there serious about highland points then they would stay thats just my opinion. if us drivers stick together on this it would help change there minds.sunday races hardly ever work besides that its our championship nite your gonna have other cars there from othertracks who could take a feature spot from someone who runs all year .

I agree with Brenda 100% on this, It's not fair to the Sportsmen drivers, I know some people like to see the crates run and they might appreciate the track giving them a place to race but they should think of the class that has supported their track all year long and put them first, Let them run their championship night along with the other classes that have supported the track all year long and make the crates wait until the following weekend to be able to run, this way since they aren't running for a championship spot it doesn't matter how many cars show up, where as the sportsmen class It does matter how many cars show up, because it could hurt someone who is in the points for the year at Highland. I think they should do as Fireball said also on the 27th, So the ones that are there for the championship don't get screwed over after they have worked to get the spots they are in now. Come on Highland do something to show your support for a class that has supported your track all year, by purchasing parking spots, and Pit passes, ect. like all the other classes.

I don't know if he did it on purpose or not but here is something you should consider... Russel Eilers is in contention for a national championship, he is also leading The Extreme Sportsman Challenge Series Points... He is looking at a possible payoff of $5500. He has the championship sowed up at Highland so he doesn't really need to run the last night however he could use the national points, if he skips I-55 on the 19th he all but concedes The Extreme Challenge Series Championship which pays $2500 to win. I'm sure there are a few Highland sportsman drivers that would like nothing more than to see the few drivers that are running my series to not show up so they can advance in the points and maybe have a chance at winning a feature but...

i agree with u brenda as i for am runnin in the championship chase but we and our fans are gettin screwed by havin to pay a higher price for the stands and to have ur championship race on sunday afternoon i think thats a bunch of crap. i think we aughta have it the 19th like it was .you are only gonna lose 1 or maybe 2 sportsman, if there serious about highland points then they would stay thats just my opinion. if us drivers stick together on this it would help change there minds.sunday races hardly ever work besides that its our championship nite your gonna have other cars there from othertracks who could take a feature spot from someone who runs all year .
You are not in a championship chase it's done over. You are not going to see any extra cars on the 27th...they won't come up here trust me. Sure you might only lose 2 or three sportsman on the 19th but they will be the best...

I only made it up there 1 time this year but as I see on here week to week you never know if you will get the boot that night due to time or even get to run that weekend at all. Why support a track and poor your heart into just to get the boot or not run at all.

what ****s is that it's too close to home not to support it. I can drive 15 minutes or an hour and 15 minutes.

top 6 in all classes. you still pill draw and run your heat, but the top 6 are locked into their position no matter what.

What is the reason sportsman are not running on the 19th. They are the regular class and should run. If it is because of the crate cars, then too damn bad for the crates. Make the EXTRA class run on sunday. At some point you have to pull your heads out and say,,,man that just is not fair to my REGULAR class not to run their championship night on the REGULAR night of racing. I think i will support the classes that keep my track running and the fans who come to see them. This is a no brainer!!!!!!!!

i wouldnt really consider myself a highland regular, but i know myself, the 8e, the 3 the 28, probably schmitt, probably rob lee, maybe 23b, will all be racing at pevely on the 19th because of the extreme series race. how good of a show would it be if 7 or 8 cars are missing of a field of 17 or 18??

yeah jimmy has a point all them guys he has listed will all probably head down to pevely for the pepsi nationals. for some of the sportmans driver its a big race leading up to the fall nationals..... Another name u could add to possibly goin down to pevely is the 07 of Andy Casper... maybe highland should consider running later into the year or start earlier and run longer....that was one good thing about charlie he treated every class pretty equal. and the track was alot better

After talking with scott earlier this week and he won't post on the internet...i'll make some points for him

-the 12th was not on the original schedule, therefore it wasn't approved by the city
-highland speedway has run 20 nites already this year and more on the schedule...last year they ran 17 total and the last night was 8-16

As far as the sportsman class

-Scott and Ray Marler agreed not to run against each others extreme races
-Scott has told and guaranteed multilpe drivers that the sportsman class WILL be at highland speedway for the 2010 season!!!!
- What's wrong with scott trying out the crates at the end of the year... nobody complains when other tracks try out additional classes
-The sportsman championship (9-27-09) will be its own feature, plus a full show for sportsmans and scott said if you just want to run the championship race that you can pay a normal pit pass price but you will NOT be able to run the second feature.

scott tries to listen to all the drivers...listens to there input and/or opinion and takes or returns there calls

i can remember numerous times when a class had 22 cars and they would send 4 home.... this year Scott has consistantly started more cars than the past which costs him money
the reason for the extra cars is the track has been smooth and racey the reason for the additional cars in the feature is the increase in attendance

i'm not saying scott is perfect or everything he does is perfect but its his first year and he's trying... how many nites have you thought we would be rained out and they ran....i can think of 2 or 3 myself

scott told me the same thing regarding not having the 12th approved by the city..here is what i told him "run the championship feature first but with the 3 night rule,pay the regular purse,then have a completely new show (heats,dash feature,maby even qualify)see if that show could be a EXTREM EVENT....maby even pay,say,$500 to win,,when kevin pays that much he has 30 to 40 cars,the show would pay for itself

What is his reason for not running the sportsman championship on Saturday with all the other classes? Is it just because of pevely being an extreme series race? That i can see being reasonable. But how many drivers running at highland for points are also running the series for points? I would think it would be cool for the sportsman class to qualify if time allows on that sunday just to have some fun!! Tough spot to be in either way it goes.

Also, i don't think anyone is complaning about the crates being run, just remember who the regular classes are and don't push them off or run them last because you are trying out a new class. If the crates are a tryout, then run them last if time is getting short and make sure your regular classes are getting in their races first. After all they deserve that much respect not to be bumped for a trial class. That is what eveyone is upset about and not the fact crates are being ran. I would love to see crates as a seperate class at highland.

After talking with scott earlier this week and he won't post on the internet...i'll make some points for him

I typically do not rely on hearsay, which is what this is. Why wouldn't the promoter post on the internet? It's his JOB, to PROMOTE the speedway, its what he signed up for.

In my opinion, the it's the major problem with this announcement. If the promotor would have announced the reason when the announcement was made it would have saved more than a few harsh post against the track. I'm sure there would still be some unhappy with the announcement.

BTW, I am not affected by the announcement, just expressing my opinion that there needs to be better communication.

Back