highland track record

Does anybody know the Highland modified track record that Kenny Wallace set last night and the old one and who held it?

Thanks

Bill

It doesn't seem very long ago that was faster than the Late models track record.

That was a lot longer than you may think Dave. I can remember over ten years ago that Lumpy had 13.444 on the front of his car when he held the record and he broke that record several times as well as many others. I think that Jim Malley(sp) was the first one to break into the 12's around '95 or '96 give or take a year. I think I first started being involved with a race car around '88 when Gundaker's record was in the high 13's. That record stood for several years before Lumpy broke it. It's good to hear from you again Dave. How are you doing these days?

track racord

i can tell you that i track record is 14.005 b/c 2 or 3 years ago there was a big mod show and bobby martintoni broke the track record with a 14.006 and 2 cars later was mike harrison and he broke bobbys record with a 14.005

track records

Why cant the track records for each class that is timed be painted on the wall in front of the scorer's shack and/or posted on the track's website? its not like it changes every week. I have seen it done at other tracks.

As far as that goes how about a nice big visual display of the qualifying times like at some of the other tracks? so we can all see those magic moments as they occur.

maybe an transponder system for qaulifying times and to assist with post caution line ups and some race safe radios receivers in the cars too?!? hard to ignore that big yellow light on the dashboard

while were at it some new batteries for the Announcers microphone.

and reconnect the loud speakers in the pits. The wires are just dangling there. (pole nearest Hewitt's pit stall)

The current late model track record is 12.595 held by Shannon Babb and set on July 4, 2006.

i can tell you that i track record is 14.005 b/c 2 or 3 years ago there was a big mod show and bobby martintoni broke the track record with a 14.006 and 2 cars later was mike harrison and he broke bobbys record with a 14.005

Ok, I'm confused. Tuesday night they said that Kenny Wallace's time was a new track record for modifieds. Yet you say that the track record is 14.005. So what's official? 14.005, or 14.348?

Back