Hill Gets Caught up in Crash During Return to Ohsweken Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - OHSWEKEN, Ontario, Canada (Aug. 28, 2018) - Alex Hill's racing evening ended early Friday night when she was caught up in a hard crash during the 360ci winged sprint car main event at Ohsweken Speedway.

Hill escaped injury in the incident on Lap 9, but her car was heavily damaged. She was unable to return to action and was credited with an 18 th-place result.

980ac92c-5688-4d0e-be78-a972aba8b608.jpg
"Two cars tangled in front of me," she said. "I had nowhere to go and hit them with the right side of my car. Unfortunately, it caused a lot of damage and destroyed the frame. My thoughts and prayers are with Tyler Hendricks, who was also involved in the accident and is hospitalized."

Hill began her evening with a solid third-place finish in her heat race.

"I was scheduled to start seventh in my heat, but the guy starting in front of me motioned me ahead of him so I actually started fifth," she said. "Our car was fast and I was able to move forward a bit and finished third."

Hill began the feature from the ninth starting spot and was running around that position on a challenging track prior to the accident.

"The track was difficult," she said. "It was kind of rough in places with a nasty curb. Our car was fast, but it was hard to drive because of the track.

"It was nice being back to my home track, but they changed it quite a bit. They added dirt and it has more banking now. I need some more laps on it before the Nationals (next month)."

Hill will rejoin the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour presented by SawBlade.com this Saturday and Sunday during the 9th annual LOS 360 Sprint Car Nationals at Lake Ozark Speedway in Eldon, Mo.

"I've never raced at Lake Ozark Speedway, but I'm looking forward to it," she said. "I've heard a lot of good things about the track and I'm excited to race there."

QUICK RESULTS -

Aug. 24 - Ohsweken Speedway in Ohsweken, Ontario, Canada - Heat race: 3 (7); Feature: 18 (9).

SEASON STATS -

39 races, 0 wins, 0 top fives, 1 top 10, 10 top 15s, 20 top 20s

UP NEXT -

Saturday and Sunday at Lake Ozark Speedway in Eldon, Mo., for the 9 th annual LOS 360 Sprint Car Nationals with the Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour presented by SawBlade.com

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HillsRacingTeam

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hillsracing/

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Ackland Insurance

Nathan Ackland is a State Farm Insurance agent in Brantford, Ontario, Canada, offering auto, home, business, property and life insurance.

"Nathan is part of our racing team and he also sponsors us," Hill said. "He insures all of our vehicles. We appreciate his partnership and value his friendship."

Hill would also like to thank Townline Variety, BearPaw Gas and Convenience, Tony Stewart Racing, Ackland Insurance, Cool Chassis, Creative Edge Signs & Graphics, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, Slade Shock Technology, Lettrage Pixel, XYZ Machining, Fisher Racing Engines, Strodes BBQ and Deli, Gaerte/TOPP Performance Race Products, Allstar Performance, PPM Racing Products, PAC Racing Springs, Wilwood, DMI, MicroBlue, Vortex Racing Products, Saldana Racing Products, Kinsler Fuel Injection, KSE Racing Products and Brown & Miller Racing Solutions for their continued support.

Back