Hill Sees Rain Halt Promising Night at Selinsgrove Speedway

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Inside Line Promotions - SELINSGROVE, Pa. (May 6, 2019) - Mother Nature interfered with a great outing for Alex Hill last Saturday at Selinsgrove Speedway during a Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour event.

After winning her heat race, Hill was strapped into her car in the staging area waiting to push off for the night's main event when rain forced the cancellation of the remainder of the evening's racing program. Her previously scheduled race at Williams Grove Speedway in Mechanicsburg, Pa., on Friday also fell to rain.

4bddb8af-f47c-4d6a-b344-577d3477e2d5.jpg
"Rainouts are always disappointing," said Hill, who was slated to start seventh in the A Main at Selinsgrove Speedway. "But this one was especially disappointing since we were fast and made the redraw. You hate to see nights like that end early."

Hill's night began well with early speed.

"Daryl gave me a good car and we were pretty fast right away in hot laps," she said. "I think we were 10th fastest. We're trying to focus lately on being faster earlier in the night so I was driving hard."

Hill drew the pole starting position for her heat race. She took the lead at the start and was never seriously challenged for the lead.

"We had a really fast car for the heat," she said. "It felt comfortable and I was able to roll the bottom real well with it. It's always good to win a race no matter what kind it is."

Just one race is on Hill's schedule this weekend as she returns to I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Ark., on Saturday for another ASCS National Tour event.

"It's always good to race at I-30," she said. "We've been able to race there quite a bit. The bonus with racing there is that it provides more track time before the Short Track Nationals in the fall."

QUICK RESULTS -

May 4 - Selinsgrove Speedway in Selinsgrove, Pa. - Heat race: 1 (1); Feature: Rained Out (7).

SEASON STATS -

9 races, 0 wins, 0 top fives, 0 top 10s, 0 top 15s, 1 top 20

UP NEXT -

Saturday at I-30 Speedway in Little Rock, Ark., with Lucas Oil ASCS National Tour

MEDIA LINKS -

Twitter: https://twitter.com/HillsRacingTeam

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/hillsracing/

SPONSOR SPOTLIGHT - Ackland Insurance

Nathan Ackland is a State Farm Insurance agent in Brantford, Ontario, Canada, offering auto, home, business, property and life insurance.

"Nathan is part of our racing team and he also sponsors us," Hill said. "He insures all of our vehicles. We appreciate his partnership and value his friendship."

Hill would also like to thank Townline Variety, BearPaw Gas and Convenience, Tony Stewart Racing, Ackland Insurance, Cool Chassis, Creative Edge Signs & Graphics, Lettrage Pixel, XYZ Machining, Fisher Racing Engines, Strodes BBQ and Deli, Allstar Performance, PPM Racing Products, Keizer Aluminum Wheels, Original Traders Energy, Total Rentals, PAC Racing Springs, Wilwood, DMI, MicroBlue, Vortex Racing Products, Saldana Racing Products, Kinsler Fuel Injection, KSE Racing Products and Brown & Miller Racing Solutions for their continued support.

Back