Hoosier M30,,M60

ALCOHOL

#1 Rule Bender
I have attended several races this season already and I have heard not one good word about these 2 tires. Why was the compound change made anyway,,wasn't the old A's and H's good for the sport? I can't see where the new ones are saving money,,hence 15 laps and a M60 down to cords? I have had a reputable driver tell me that the new ones seal over while you are racing,and also on a caution. He says you can't get them to refire after the yellow flag,,,Thanks again for some company trying new tires with the customers money. Organizations always making teams to spend money on their R&D and they are not looking out for the racer,,,Racers have to update safety all the time,,which I am not against at all,,,,but it's time for the tracks and organizations to step up for the car owners and them selves,,,And we wander why tracks are loosing car counts.

Personally I like the m30 better then the A40s. They hold up better and don't over heat to junk status as fast. If people are glazing them over then my suggestion would be to not spin the tires as much.

Ive seen alot of negative feedback from amod drivers about these tires. Personally, I like them. They seem like theyre holding up pretty well in bmods with crate engines. First few times out they feathered up pretty hard, but after that theyve been very consistent. Emods did have more grip, but the M tires dont fall off nearly as much as the Emods did. But again, im speaking for one team in one class.

I have heard it from both sides. Some who hate them and some who like them. I do remember when the A40S came out there were grumblings then from those who didn't like them. Now some guys are looking high and low for them. I think its all just a matter of preference. But by no means is the cartel wanting to give too good a tire. Never have never will.

Last edited:

Back