Hornets back at highland next year?

Convict18

I know its early to decide and maybe the season just ended but id really like to see how many guys would be willing to race at highland again young old and really high school kids would be awesome. I think this class coming back to highland would really help put people in the seats and more cars and less cutting of purses for the classes. I dont want this to turn into a shit show either im just asking the hornet guys that can help bring highland some life next year please let them really know how we feel and want to see how many we can get to come back. Thanks Bobby Funderburk

Also gonna post something on Facebook and wanna get it out there to see who and how many cars we could get to wanna race next year so please help me figure out what we can get.

I think if you make it to where theres a age limit on drivers in this class it will come back! And make it what it's suppose to be....a affordable class! If you can do that and keep it under control im all for it.

I think if you make it to where theres a age limit on drivers in this class it will come back! And make it what it's suppose to be....a affordable class! If you can do that and keep it under control im all for it.
I agree! When hornet cars are selling for as much as street stocks something is wrong

I agree! When hornet cars are selling for as much as street stocks something is wrong

Have a $750 claim or some claim and exchange deal . Make them paint them and put their name and number on them. NO SPONSOR names. If you can't afford a hornet car the way they are supposed to be without having to have it covered in sponsors. Well racing isn't for you. Their parts supplier should be a salvage yard not a catalog. If I ran a track nobody would run this division more than 3 yrs. 1st to get your feet wet. 2nd getting competitive and up to speed. 3rd go win races if you learned enough the last 2 yrs. After that move up or move out. Not a class for lifers to dominate.

Have a $750 claim or some claim and exchange deal . Make them paint them and put their name and number on them. NO SPONSOR names. If you can't afford a hornet car the way they are supposed to be without having to have it covered in sponsors. Well racing isn't for you. Their parts supplier should be a salvage yard not a catalog. If I ran a track nobody would run this division more than 3 yrs. 1st to get your feet wet. 2nd getting competitive and up to speed. 3rd go win races if you learned enough the last 2 yrs. After that move up or move out. Not a class for lifers to dominate.
You may or may not know this but without sponsors on a race car idc what class your running you cant run period. This class has been a low budget class for years and guys are idiots to try to come close to putting that kind of money in these cars no reason for it period. It shouldnt matter how long you run a class as long as you keep it legal you run and I have plenty of ways to proove my point. I just know since highland got rid of this class everything went south and I wanna help bring it back with the hornets. Im not running at all just gonna help keep the class fair and safe so please dont diacourage anyone from wanting to run this class or track help me lets get the cars back again.

You may or may not know this but without sponsors on a race car idc what class your running you cant run period. This class has been a low budget class for years and guys are idiots to try to come close to putting that kind of money in these cars no reason for it period. It shouldnt matter how long you run a class as long as you keep it legal you run and I have plenty of ways to proove my point. I just know since highland got rid of this class everything went south and I wanna help bring it back with the hornets. Im not running at all just gonna help keep the class fair and safe so please dont diacourage anyone from wanting to run this class or track help me lets get the cars back again.
Boy im going to get crucified for this one......the first thing you are going to have to do is get rid of a class. Which class do you get rid of? I say get those little over sized weed eaters and take them to Belleville! They claimed those was going to bring people into the stands! (Maybe theu need to look at the stands when they run them). Bobby you and i both know teching them cars isnt going to go like you think! I dont care how you look at it that class has gotten completly out of hand and that is exactly why that class is only getting 5 to 8 cars a nite at any giving local track! My question is how are you going to propose this to Highland and explain to them how you would like it to go and then turn around and have to say well.....we have some people who.unfortunatly dont want to move up! You call this class affordable but how can it be affordable when you got guys milling heads change computers locking transmissions.......the list goes on! How are you going to control that? How are you going to make it work for the younger kids to get involved? I mean honestly i wouldnt put one of my kids in one of those cars with a bunch of grown ass men driving the way they do! What fun is it going to be for a kid to get in one of these cars only to be beat by a grown adult? How are you going to stop this? If you want to make it affordable your going to have to start all over again in this class and just tell the grown ups that if you want to run your cars well then maybe you need to go to the outlaw pro-4 class! I mean when you got guys running that class that have 3,4,5 cars how are you making it affordable? You know what goes into one of these cars and you know damn well whats being done to them! Im curious as to see how you want this to go!

And to add insult to injury, the tracks know they are doing this and refuse to do a damn thing about it! Like racin90 said, when your getting $3500 $4000 $5000 for these cars after they have been run for a few years....you tell me those cars are worth that kind of money? Hell its gotten to the point that to build a b-mod is cheaper than building a street stock anymore! So where is your affordability at with those prices?

Don't crucify the old guys. I've been racing hornets for 11 years, have 1 track championship and a whopping 3 feature wins, all of which came 8 or more years ago. Sponsors? Yes, I have names of friend's businesses on my car, though I don't collect a penny from them. If there's an age limit, I'm out, then you're punishing someone who isn't part of the problem. I've always said all I need is someone to race with, whether it's for 1st or 10th, and to load the car at the end of the night with no "help". #goals
I don't know what the solution is. I do know car counts are at a dangerous level for the class to survive. Seems that every class goes through this evolution, with certain concessions to the rules in the name of car count, then one day we look at it and think "what have we created". Maybe we do start over. I don't know.
BTW, I've been beaten by an awful lot of "kids". It's not an age thing.

It's hard to move up a class when you have been driving a front wheel drive car and the next class is rwd?

How many guys who run a late model or modified came from pro 4?

The last season the Hornets ran not many of them showed up . They only got around 10 of them a night . That is one reason they got rid of the class and what ever happened to the Bone class Highland was going to start running the start of this year? I never did hear an explanation to why that class never started .

its pretty sad we got all these saturday night supposed to be $100 filler classes making names for themselves with track promotors buying in on the idea, fueling the problem with the ridiculous sized plastic trophies and purses when they already have a hard enough time selling tickets for the premiere mod/latemodel classes? wheres has the heart of the fun gone in racing?

Boy im going to get crucified for this one......the first thing you are going to have to do is get rid of a class. Which class do you get rid of? I say get those little over sized weed eaters and take them to Belleville! They claimed those was going to bring people into the stands! (Maybe theu need to look at the stands when they run them). Bobby you and i both know teching them cars isnt going to go like you think! I dont care how you look at it that class has gotten completly out of hand and that is exactly why that class is only getting 5 to 8 cars a nite at any giving local track! My question is how are you going to propose this to Highland and explain to them how you would like it to go and then turn around and have to say well.....we have some people who.unfortunatly dont want to move up! You call this class affordable but how can it be affordable when you got guys milling heads change computers locking transmissions.......the list goes on! How are you going to control that? How are you going to make it work for the younger kids to get involved? I mean honestly i wouldnt put one of my kids in one of those cars with a bunch of grown ass men driving the way they do! What fun is it going to be for a kid to get in one of these cars only to be beat by a grown adult? How are you going to stop this? If you want to make it affordable your going to have to start all over again in this class and just tell the grown ups that if you want to run your cars well then maybe you need to go to the outlaw pro-4 class! I mean when you got guys running that class that have 3,4,5 cars how are you making it affordable? You know what goes into one of these cars and you know damn well whats being done to them! Im curious as to see how you want this to go!
To add insult to injury. Those little "weed eater" cars were the fastest thing on the racetrack Saturday night, but what do you know about fast. You're a Faust fan

To add insult to injury. Those little "weed eater" cars were the fastest thing on the racetrack Saturday night, but what do you know about fast. You're a Faust fan
This guy here!! Lol. Your right i know nothi g but i know that the micros arent filling the seats and that is why they was brought in was to get more people in the stands! Yea that worked out for them didnt it? Oh and on your comment.....1 national championship and countless track championships he has! So apperantly at one time he was fast huh?

Build a competitive b-mod and then tell me how much money u have in it believe me it's not cheaper.... Faust fan u have a lot of comments that r dumb... until u build a car whatever it might be or start promoting a track u really should keep somethings u say in ur pocket....

This guy here!! Lol. Your right i know nothi g but i know that the micros aren't filling the seats and that is why they was brought in was to get more people in the stands! Yea that worked out for them didn't it? Oh and on your comment.....1 national championship and countless track championships he has! So apparently at one time he was fast huh?

Your right i mean those little weed eaters probably had the most consistent amount of cars every week so Highland should totally get rid of them. Hell they don't race for much, bring 2 or 3 crew guys with um lets get them out of here. God forbid they pass have races for the lead and all throughout the field, what a terrible draw who would wanna watch those.

Lets bring in the class that had 5 cars on Saturday. All this makes perfect sense.

I apologize for showing my ignorance just as much as you did Faust fan. You're saying the micros are "suppose to" bring in the fans? I'm no fortune teller, but I assure you 5 hornets will not bring in 200 fans. Every class needs to bring in more fans. We need some rivalries, racing is an entertainment industry. Show more entertainment to the fans. Make them want to come to the track instead of reading updates on the Internet. I also think the days of weekly racing are finished. Bi weekly is more realistic for the promoters and still enough racing for the drivers. And saves some money for the fans and builds their desire to go the next time. Maybe tracks could work together and alternate weekends.
My final point. Don't hate on our class when normally (more than average) we have great car counts. A racecar is a racecar and people want to see great racing that's what they pay for. So Faust fan come see my weed eater I'd love to meet you

Macon and Brownstown to run high shool hornets. I know Brownstown hadn't for some time but I don't lnow about Macon

Back