How about that Crate Tech at Tri-City!

sean2

Keep Watching
Top five teched and passed!!!!

I guess some people will need another excuse now!!

hey

Sean did you know you can put washers in the hyd lifters on a 604 make it a solid lift gets a couple more horse and you can do this with the intake on? just somthina guy told me when he bought my 602 thought pass this along to the techs? sounds kinda corney to me though :p

According to UMP's rule they are only allowing the factory sealing bolts and not the "RM" bolts the ReManufacturers use.

http://www.umpracing.com/Rules.aspx?div=cb89e687-4698-47d8-b03d-40285d849c12

b) GM Performance Parts 602 crate engine (Part #88958602) and the GM Performance Parts 604 crate engine (Part # 88958604) are the only two engines allowed to participate in any UMP DIRTcar Pro Late Model sanctioned event. All engines are sealed from the factory and such seals may not be removed, touched, modified or broken.
c)All Engines and all components there of must be in original form as delivered from the factory. Any changes to the factory sealed delivered configuration and assembly will result in disqualification and no points awarded. No upgrades are allowed to any engine.
d)Any part that a sealing bolt has been tampered with and or removed will result in a $1000 fine, loss of points for the year, loss of winnings for the night.

According to UMP's rule they are only allowing the factory sealing bolts and not the "RM" bolts the ReManufacturers use.

I don't believe that is the case. They have approved a rebuilder in the Paducah area, which means they have to use "RM" bolts. Also, there are some cars at Paducah that don't have any "sealing" bolts in their engines and I am hearing that UMP may do away with the bolts all together. If this is how UMP is going to enforce the rules and police this class then they might as well start calling it the UMP "Steel Block" class!

To those who went through tech, do you feel that UMP did a thorough job teching or should they have done more? It may be a little early in the season for a prostate-style check they could at least check the tonsils.

Also I sent a question about the bolts to UMP's contact page

http://www.umpracing.com/ContactUs.aspx

If I get an official answer I'll post it.

racers been passing tech for years,not any different now...giving a motor a once over and looking at tires doesnt classify as tech...

Sean did you know you can put washers in the hyd lifters on a 604 make it a solid lift gets a couple more horse and you can do this with the intake on? just somthina guy told me when he bought my 602 thought pass this along to the techs? sounds kinda corney to me though :p

I heard about this as well. Did some searching and found that this will not help at all and will actually kill the cam since its built as a hyd cam versus solid. Unless they have a different cam in the motor..which makes you go.......hmmm. Could be using a different cam, dont know

in my opinion a good tech involves someone from GM there with resealing bolts and the motors are torn down and part numbers checked and then the motors resealed

but its good kevin is starting somewhere

Kevin is not the Tech man, he was assisiting our Tech Director, as a Promoter to be on hand and know what's going on will keep things on the up & up. We've had a great turn out and the playing field is even. No one is running away with anything.

Kevin will keep things that way. Tri-City has purchased the required tech tools directly from GM to properly tech the crates. Every racers always going to push the grey line, will do what it takes to keep things fair & honest.

We sure appreciate everyones patience and tech went good.

Thanks
Tri-City Speedway

Back