I-35 is Memorial Day destination for JR Motorsports Hawkeye Dirt Tour

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
MASON CITY, Iowa (May 25) – I-35 Speedway is the Memorial Day destination for IMCA Modified drivers fol¬lowing the JR Motorsports Hawkeye Dirt Tour.

The winner of the Monday, May 31 main event earns a $1,000 share of the $5,120 feature purse and a spot on the ballot for the 2010 Fast Shafts All-Star Invitational.

Pit gates at Mason City open at 4 p.m. and the grandstand opens at 5 p.m. The drivers’ meeting is at 5:45 p.m., with hot laps at 6 p.m. and racing to follow.

Grandstand admission is $12 for adults, $5 for kids ages 6-12 and free for youngsters five and under. Family passes are $30.

Pit passes are $25. IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars, IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks and Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods are also on the program, running for all applicable points.

More information about the holiday show is posted on the www.I-35speedway.com website.

Josh Foster of Montrose was the opening night series winner, in the event postponed to May 19 at Independence Motor Speedway.

The third of 10 stops in the inaugural tour schedule is Tuesday, June 15 at Fayette County Speedway in West Union.

JR Motorsports Hawkeye Dirt Tour Top 20 Point Standings – 1. Josh Foster, Montrose, 40; 2. Richie Gustin, Gilman, 38; 3. Nate Caruth, Ames, 36; 4. Mike Jergens, Plover, 34; 5. Jay Noteboom, Hinton, 33; 6. Rich Smith, Davenport, 32; 7. Darin Duffy, Hazleton, 31; 8. Jimmy Gustin, Marshalltown, 30; 9. Justin O'Brien, West Union, 29; 10. Jeff Morris, Long Grove, 28; 11. Ronn Lauritzen, Jesup, 27; 12. Greg Cox, Altoona, 26; 13. Ed Thomas, Waterloo, 25; 14. Mike Albertsen, Audubon;. 24; 15. Toby Hartman, Ryan, 23; 16. Dennis Betzer, Central City, 22; 17. Jason Snyder, Dunkerton, 21; 18. Jerry Luloff, Independence, 20; 19. Corey Dripps, Waterloo, Jeff Feaster, Dakota City, and Troy Cordes, Raymond, 17 each.

Back