I-45 Flora trip this weekend!

Debbie Cummins

Bomber Momma #19
Bruce just called me to say that they are almost all done for the night (at 8:30 p.m.). They only have the A-Mod feature and a B-Mod dash to still run. He can't believe that only 10 A-Mods and 16 B-Mods showed up tonight for a $5,000 to win B-Mod show paying $500.00 to make the show.

Jimmy had a "miss" problem in hot laps when they did the qualifying so he didn't have a very fast time. He started 6th in his heat race and finished 5th. Since then they solved the "miss" problem and the engine is running good now.
Robbie Eilers set fast time and won his heat race.
Steve Maisel started 3rd but spun out so he finished about the same as Jimmy did.
All of them are guaranteed $500.00 for their efforts tonight.

Robbie still has to run in the dash tonight, top 6 cars are in that race.

Where are all the cars? (Up on my soapbox now....if these tracks and sanctioning bodies don't get together and solve all of their rule problems, they're going to absolutely KILL racing as we know it in this region. Stop all of this petty stupid bull-headed stuff and get one set of rules that racers can all run by everywhere! Then tech the cars and make the racers run by those rules. OK, now I feel better.)

If I hear more, I'll let you know.

Flora is usra, I may not be completely up to date on everyone's rules but I don't think ump cars are legal with usra without alot of changes?

Flora is usra, I may not be completely up to date on everyone's rules but I don't think ump cars are legal with usra without alot of changes?
Since they switched this year to another sanction USRA is giving all UMP cars this year to transfer over. Next year you have to go by USRA rules

I guess I meant that USRA and UMP would be better off if they could consolidate their rules so they could accommodate all cars under one set of rules. Then B-Mods could go anywhere and race wherever they wanted to with the same rules at all tracks, just like the Late Models and Modifieds do. Now how hard would that be? One set of rules and let the drivers decide where they want to race.

Dash results: Robbie Eilers finished 2nd. He had dropped back to 3rd or 4th but came back to finish 2nd.

That is a very nice track I was there 2 times last year and the car counts was not very good the track is not in a good location to draw cars but once again it is a very nice track

Bruce called me about 6:00 p.m. Not too many more cars there tonight according to him. Ryan Eilers is there. He was pre-registered to be there last night but couldn't make it so he will have to work his way up tonight.
Brownstown IL is having a $1,000 to win B-Mod race tonight, which could account for the small number of cars at Flora, among other things going on.

I spent the day following the old green #19 lawnmower around the yard. I finally got it done, as my contribution to the racing team. Really, I have an old 19 window sticker on my green lawnmower so I'd feel like part of the team as I cut the grass while they worked on the race car. What great guys! I can't get another mower until Craftsman starts making green ones again and Jimmy has a new sticker made for it.

More later as things get started in Flora and they call with results...

That's what Bruce told me. Robbie Eilers won but was later DQ'd.
Ryan Eilers finished 9th or 10th. He got $750.00
Jimmy ran about 15 laps and pulled off. Steve Maisel did about the same. Both Steve and Jimmy got $500.00 for their efforts.

Low turnout of cars. Bruce said they had about 18 B-Mods Saturday night for $5,000.00 to win.
Oh my....

Its a shame tracks around here don't know how to do a good tech on bmods. Cause they run around here all year and dont get caught but when they go run big shows they are found illegal

Looks like nothing around here cause they win around here all the time but when they go to a big show they are caught illegal. Maybe if the local tracks would tech it would not keep people from wanting to run bmods.

I would say honesty has a lot to do with the car count at Route 45 Raceway. You shouldn't be dishonest with the racers that put on the show !

The racers know the rules and some go by them and others try and cheat and only get caught at tracks that tech. Wish all the local tracks would see what goes on at other tracks and start doing more techs.

Since you say it's dishonesty.....please explain. What was the promoter dishonest about?
Its nots dishonest about the promoter. He does the right thing by doing tech its all about the local tracks that doesn't do techs and let them run there weekly. Hope the local tracks see this and get on board and start tech this class. Its funny how they can win local but when they get to a big show and where they tech they are found illegal.

Since you say it's dishonesty.....please explain. What was the promoter dishonest about?
I'm not talking about techs here. I'm just saying the promoter doesn't follow through with what he says he's going to do. Just ask the guys that ran there last year if they received their trophy"s at the banquet this year or if they have received them as of today. This is just one example. Enough said.

Back