I-55 Championship Night this Saturday

jpugh

This Saturday night it is championship night for all classes at I-55 Raceway.
Ray Walsh has won the UMP Modified track championship with a 152 point lead over Bobby Bittle. Walsh has only 3 features while Scott Weber has the most feature win with six. Walsh was more consisted in the feature than Weber as was Bittle. Weber's season was up and down and not his normal year. Congradulations to Ray Walsh on his championship.
Now the story is with the UMP Late Model. There are three drivers that still have a chance to win the track championship and with a total of 35 points between them it is anyone's championship to win. Ed Dixon currently leads by 29 points over Tim Ratajczyk, who has a slim six point lead over Mark Oller.
Dixon leads the feature win count with five features, Oller has three, while Ratajczyk has two.
Since last week Mother Nature took home the features, this week should be some good racing to watch. Who will win the 2003 UMP Late Model track championship will be the question of the night. As long as there is good, clean and hard racing, it should be a good night to watch the Late Models. Also, this will be a night for tuning up for the I-55 Nationals the following week. So who will show up? Remember, this is the World 100 weekend, so don't expect any big names until next week.

YEAH IT'S ASHAME CHAMPIONSHIP NIGHT HAS TO THE SAME NIGHT AS THE WORLD 100 GOOD LUCK TO ALL COMPETITORS

turn???

I did not know that!!!! Are you suppose to take turns????? :D
I wonder how the other two drivers feel about that. I hope they decide to play fair. Not mentioning any names, but I have seen alot of banging going on. Someone is very eager on trying to get that Championship. He runs over half of the field trying to get to the front. :eek: :rolleyes:. May the best Man win!!!!!!!!!!! Good Luck to all!!

Doctor know-it-all

Who are you talking about? Dixon? How can he hit half the field while going to the front? He starts on the front row everyweek ;) :D. Rat? How can he hit half the field while going to the front-- he starts in the back and finishes in the back.:eek: Mr.Smooothie? I don't think so. He is a clean driver:D

What?

Ok How can you say Ratajczyk starts and finishes in the back. I guess that is why he has been leading points the entire year up until last week!! He does start in the back often but usually finishes in the Top 5. That just shows how good of a driver he is!!! I have been watching Tim race my entire life and never seen him drive dirty.

On the other hand Dixon doesn't start in the front row every week. He has for the last few weeks but in the middle of summer there were very many times he started in the back. I think just a few weeks ago he won from almost the last starting spot. I'm not saying he runs over people all the time because he doesn't but there has been a few occasions that he has! But everyone has their faults, overall Dixon is very talented along with these other guys competing for the Championship!

I am sure they will all play fair! These 3 guys have been racing against each other for many years. I am sure they ALL respect each other to drive clean and let the best man WIN!!!

~patti~

First it doesn't matter where dixon starts he is prob the cleanest race car driver out there.Second he has been the one that has gotten stuffed and beat around this year not mentioning any names #00.Fourth if he hadn't had all them flat tires ther wouldn't even be a close battle.Now dont get me wrong Tim and Mark are awsome drivers but there aint to many people are DIXON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take away the flat tires in the handful of features that he DNF, and Dixon runs away with the I-55 points, and it's a whole lot closer in the national points. Ratajczyk has had a good year, and Oller has dominated on the low side. But the point being....Dixon's still the best. :D

Go #50!!!

Oh, and about Korte.....they absolutely hate him in Highland.....people there say he's the dirtiest driver out there.

The flat tires and DNFs are part of racing and all the drivers
have had there problems this year at one time or another.
But to say that he would run away with the points is not true.
For the past 3 years that I have been watching the points
he has not walked away with it.
Hope to see real good racing and may the best driver with
the best luck win.

IF?

Racing is a bunch of IF's. IF Dixon didn't have all of those DNF's, IF Rat would of won (1) more feature, like he should of but a lap car took him out!!! :eek:

It goes along with racing, anything can and will happen. Racing is talent, good equipment, and luck (good and bad)!!!

And about Korte, he is by no means the "dirtiest driver" out there. Why do you even bring that up when no one else has even mentioned Korte. He has nothing to do with the Championship @ Pevely.

~patti~

This is the last regular night of racing for I-55 Raceway. No at I-55, they do not line up by points anymore on championship nights. That will make for a full night of good racing and the pill draw will see who will start where in the heats and who will be able to make the dash and then start up front in the feature.
Good luck to all drivers and may the best driver on that night win the championship.

The drivers better have their mud tires on for about the first half of the night, because I guarantee you that I-55 will have so much water on that track so that they have a cushion for their good ol boy to run on come feature time. Its a shame that the so called best driver in the Late models can only run one place, and thats on top.

Thats funny i have seen him win numerous time on the bottom and the middle werer ever you going to tell me all 500 something features come on the top you dont know **** so talk unless u know

dirt crazy is on to something

dirt crazy is on to something as dixon runs the top the majority of the time at i-55 but he does win while running up there. on the other hand, he doesn't run the bottom or the middle and that's why he doesn't win any of the big shows at i-55 anymore.

let him run the crap out of the car on the top, hit the outside wall when there ISN'T a cushion, he'll cut a tire, and someone else will win this saturday night.

Dixon 50, I am not talking about Ed's previous 490 feature wins, I am talking about the present. If you look at drivers like Rat, Melvin, Korte and of course all of the touring guys they have found ways to run everywhere on the track. In the past couple of years when Dixon gets beat it is because there is no cushion and he does not adjust for that. He11 Moyer, Babb and O'neals preferred line at Pevely is right out of the middle, go in with momentum, drive thru the turn, and come out with momentum.

Back