I-55 Raceway readies for the 2nd Annual Race Night for Special Champions on July 31st

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Pevely, MO (July 27, 2004) I-55 Raceway in Pevely, MO will host the second Annual Race Night for Special Champions to benefit the Special Olympics on Saturday, July 31st.

Shop n Save & 92.3 WIL, partnered with Special Olympics, supported by Nabisco, Prairie Farms, and the Midwest Dairy Association have come together to add $15,000 to the purse for that evening of racing.The U.M.P. (United Midwestern Promoters) Late Models will be racing for $5,000 to win, the U.M.P. Modifieds will be $1,200 to win, and the A.A.R.A Sportsman will pay $500 to win.

All admission prices will remain the same as a normal night of racing, which is $10 for those thirteen years old and older in the grandstands and everyone twelve and under FREE. Pit passes are $20 for AARA Members and $23 for non-AARA members.

The St. Louis radio station 92.3 WIL will be on hand with Lynn Stewart and other guest throughout the evening. They will assist Shop n Save with raffling off items such as a go-cart, bikes, electric scooter, and tons of other super items.

Many other activities for the fans. Such as:
*Jefferson County Sherriff Dept. - Finger Printing Children, Jr. Dupty Badges,
and their DARE Vehicle

*Midwest Dairy Association - "got milk?" smile pictures

*Nabisco OREO stacking contest

*Gateway Girls and the Gateway Guy

This will be a great event for a great cause. Put this one on your calendar for July 31st. Bring the entire family for an evening of fun as Shop n Save and the I-55 Raceway show support for the special athletes.

If inclement weather forces this event to be cancelled on July 31st, it will be rescheduled for August 14th.

I-55 Raceway is located thirty minutes south of downtown St. Louis on Interstate-55 in Pevely, MO. For more information, visit www.i55raceway.com or call 636-479-3219.

Back