I-55 tonight!

CRAZYFAN

I'm really looking forward to the summer nationals tonight at pevely, if the weather holds off, :rolleyes: . Well, who's it gonna be tonight? I'd sure like to see one of our local guys pull out a victory but it looks like it's gonna take a near perfect setup and a lot of luck to beat O'neal, he's the man to beat tonight, in my opinion. I'd like to get some response on who all plans on attending tonight, both fans and drivers. We've all been looking forward to this race for awhile, I know I have, hope it's a great time for everyone! :)

If "Mother Nature" is good to us through out the day and tonight.....it will be an awesome night for racing. I suspect the track to be wet and tacky most of the night....which will be helpful for local drivers like Dixon who can use the cushion on top to get around the track. If the track becomes dry slick and the cushion is up against the wall......then the out of towners of O'neil, Babb and Moyer will be the ones to beat....AGAIN! "Track Conditions" will dictate who the winner will be. For some reason our local boys have trouble with the right setups and tire compunds against the heavy hitters on dry slick tracks. But don't count out our sleeper Justin Allgiaer (sp).

Don't look for Moyer to show tonight, correct me if I'm wrong, he's running with the WOO series. Randy Korte blew a engine last night, doen anyone have any info as to if he'll be at I-55 tonight? Also, I'll be keeping my eye on Mark Oller, he tends to run well at the bigger shows.

Moyer will be in Ohio for the WoO race. It's Oneil's race to lose. I know that it poared from about 6:00 to 7:00 yesterday at Herky while I was at the school and it was still raining when I left, they recieved alot of rain, so I doubt the track crew will add much water. It might be a little rough tonight, and probably fairly tacky until feature time atleast.

Alot is going to depend on track conditions come feature time. If it's dry and slick O'neil, Babb, English, etc. have the advantage, but if it stays fairly tacky it levels things out a bit for the locals to give them a run.

They beat them on dry slick racetracks because they are better, smoother drivers who happen to have perfect setups for it from racing on it every night all year long. Not to mention that I heard a couple (warning -- unsubstantiated rumour to follow) of years ago that at the dream they strip searched the top 10 and actually found one device. The same day they found 9 on the racetrack. There is no question that they are the top driver and would win regardless, but they are also professionals who can't afford to give up an advantage especially if they perceive their opponents to have it. I'm not saying they all have it (I personally believe that Moyer does not -- a possible reason for the smoothest late model drive there is to have trouble as of late), but you have to consider every possibility.

Hehehe with all the rain it will be a tacky track for sure. Hopefully see the top groove again.

John Barr
The Trashdog

and people wonder whY ELdora has such a large crowd all the time 5 INCHES OF RAIN THIS YEAR AT THE DREAM AND THEY RAN ENUFFSAID

For Abig Show You Need More Effort Sun,s Out In North Coat Eldora We Had No Sun None Nada Andthey Gothe Show In,two Day Show And Got Done In One Evening

Back