I-55 UMP Modified Drivers and Rankings

biscuiteater

It was a long season for some drivers and too short of a season for others. Some have bills to pay, credit cards are maxed out, some wives are mad, some are glad. The drivers that had great sponsors are happy they survived without any debt to pay, especially those that blew up three monster modified engines.

Will they all be back in 2004 ? Will they come back racing to be the best of the best? Priories will change for some. Some will have new sponsors, others will lose their ride. We will see next year. Its been fun watching them racing for the points this year.

My last post was on 8-15-2003. Lets see how the drivers finished out the season.

Bobby Bittle moved from 22nd position to finish in 13th place. Bobby had a great year. Was always up front week after week.Congratulations!!!! Bobby finished 6th in Missouri in UMP Modifieds.

Scott Weber slipped from 21st position and finished in 25th place. Scott went through nine weeks of pure bad luck. In seven features he was leading the field when bad luck came his way. He handled it well and never complained or gave up. He is a true competitor. Congratulations !!! Scott finished 8th in Missouri in UMP Modifieds. Will he be in a Late Model next year??????

Ray Walsh moved from 41st position and finished in 31st place. The showstopper seeked, drove, and accomplished his mission in 2003. He is the man at I-55 raceway this season. Congratulations on a great year and great sponsor. Ray finished 4th in Missouri in UMP Modifieds.

Jim Shereck slipped from 48th position and finished in 70th place. Jim had a good year racing at other tracks. Made some money, put up several more IMO's pizza parlors. Love to watch him race. Congratulations!!!

The above four drivers made the top 70 drivers who will receive trophies and money for their performance in the UMP modifieds for this year.

Brent Thompson slipped from 72nd position and finished in 84th place. Brent was one hot driver at I-55 raceway for the month of August. Congratulations!!! Brent finished 5th in Missouri in UMP Modifieds.

Tom Ratajczk moved from 101st position and finished in 100th place. Tom gave us all some great racing nights at I-55 raceway and Belleville . Congratulations!!!

Rich Whaley slipped from 120th position and finished in 143rd place. Rich had some great nights of racing and some that he does not want to talk about. He was exciting to watch to say the least. Congratulations!!! Rich finished 10th in Missouri in UMP Modifieds.

Brian Worley slipped from 164th position and finished in 174th place. Brian had an exciting second year of modified racing. Looking for greater racing down the road for this young man. Congratulations!!!

Brian Wolfmeier slipped from 177th position and finished in 199th place. Brian had an exciting year coming back to modifieds and still driving the wheels off his Late Model. The man has true grit. He must of won the lottery or something. Most drivers have a hard time keeping one car ready, let alone two.

So folks, the season is ending. Drive safe, happy holidays, and if the Lord is willing, we'll see you next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The points are NOT totally over. The UMP Fall Nationals at Eldora will provide additional points to those that attend. Also, the points awarded will be 1.5 times the normal. So 90 points will be awarded to the feature winner and so on.

Back