I-70 QMA drivers race at GIR prior to the NASCAR's Nationwide race

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Madison IL (7-19-08) - Racecar drivers from I-70 Quarter Midget Association participated in the pre-race activities held prior to the NASCAR Nationwide series, Dodge Dealers 250 race at Gateway International Raceway.
The drivers, ranging in ages 5 thru 15, competed in three exhibition races on the front straight-away at GIR. The exhibition races took place between NASCAR's qualifying and race events.

The young drivers were treated to a very special speech by Nick Harrison, who is the Car Chief of the #1, Miccosukee Resort & Gaming, Chevrolet, driven by Mike Bliss. Nick stressed the importance of following your dreams and to work hard to achieve your goals. Several drivers, Landon Cassell, Stanton Barrett, and Kenny Wallace took time out to sign autographs for the kids. I-70 QMA would like to thank Gateway International Raceway's Lenny Batyacki and his staff for providing the I-70 QMA racers with this wonderful opportunity to promote their club at such a great facility. Visit www.I-70qma.com for pictures from the Dodge Dealers 250.

Attachments

• i70qma.jpg
    i70qma.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 225

Back