I-70 Speedway Dirt Track Results 6/6/08

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
(Odessa, Mo) The IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing Series was back in action Friday night at I-70 Speedway's dirt track! However after last Saturday's debut of Figure 8 racing, 8 mania has caught on. Track owner, Brad McDonald announced that next Friday Figure 8 racing will join the weekly program, Walter Cox won a Farm Truck Figure 8 exhibition race tonight with all the Farm Truck oval competitors taking part. The Farm Truck oval feature was a battle also won by Walter Cox of Bates City with Paul Schwartze taking second and Phil Burns in third. The Sport Compact class is another entry level class at I-70 and Wade Sherman brought home the checkers in a win over hard charging Dave Cotterman in second and Jessica Clemons in third. The IMCA National and Regional points battles raged on in the remaining Friday night classes.

In IMCA Stock Cars, Gene Stigall of Winston, Mo. took the checkered in the feature event. Stigall managed to defeat defending champion and point leader, Brad Whitney, who came home in second. Russell Walter was third in that event. In the IMCA Sport Modified Division, point leader, Jeremiah Asher took a backseat to seven others in a hotly contested feature! First time ever winner, Chris Whalen cheered "Mopar rules!" from victory lane! Closely behind him were Chris Wright and Mickey Fleehart, Jim Blaine, Darrin Shore, Dave Truskett and Kim Kieth. Some of those Sport Mod drivers participated in an A Modified Open Feature as well as the IMCA Stock Car drivers did in an Open Stock Car Feature!

The Open Modified feature was won by P.J. Conger of St. Joeseph, Mo. Mike Tanner grabbed second ahead of Sport Mod driver, Jeremiah, Asher. The Open Stock Car win went to Donnie Danner of Odessa with Dale Atkinson taking second ahead of IMCA driver, Bennie Turner in third. All the IMCA drivers raced in features and heats for their weekly points. P.J. Conger has overtaken the IMCA Modifierd point lead. When it rains in the area, drivers are increasingly interested in the IMCA series and I-70 Speedway so separate features seem to be becoming a regular bonus in one of the rainiest Spring seasons on record. Tonight on the high and dry hill above the pavement track the I-70 Extreme Sprints and the MOLS will compete under the lights, For complete schedule see www.i70speedway.net

Back