I-77 Speedway Ready For Two StormPay.com Big Events

CRUSAPR

CLARKSVILLE, TN – StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series track I-77 Speedway in Chester, SC is preparing for two big shows with the sanctioning body, one for the Weekly Racing Series, and the other for the StormPay.com Dirt Late Model Series National Tour.

I-77 Speedway will host a special 35-lap $2,500-to-win event on April 29 for its StormPay.com Crate Late Model Division that also carries points toward the East Region in the StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series. The StormPay.com Dirt Late Model Series National Tour will visit I-77 Speedway on July 22 with a 50-lap, $3,000-to-win race.

“We’re trying to build the Crate Late Model Division here at I-77 Speedway, and we wanted to do something special for the competitors and the fans,” I-77 Speedway Owner/Promoter Jim Lineberger said. “I really believe the Crate Engine is the future of the sport, and they have already proven they can put on a good show for the fans.”

Lineberger said the April 29 race is going to be a good mix of local talent and the National Touring drivers.

“We’re expecting a lot of the StormPay.com National Touring drivers like Hall of Famer Jeff Purvis to be at I-77 Speedway on April 29,” Lineberger said. “With the concept of the Crate Engine, our local drivers will have something for them. I think it’s going to be a good deal for everyone, and we’re looking forward to it.”

The concept of what Lineberger spoke of is that both the StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series and the StormPay.com Dirt Late Model Series use the GM Performance Crate Engines that are built and sealed at the factory, and readily available at local GM Dealers for just about one-tenth of the cost of a Super Late Model engine.

The GM Performance “604” aluminum-head Crate Engine costs just under $5,000 and the “602” steel-head Crate Engine costs just under $3,000. The engines are sealed with special designed bolts that prevent competitors from making expensive modifications to the engines. Both engines burn on unleaded pump gasoline, which is considerably less than high-octane racing fuel.

As the sanctioning body, the StormPay.com Dirt Late Model Series works with the tracks to provide the necessary tools, equipment, and information to properly tech the Crate Engines. The series also keeps a tight reign on the GM Performance replacement sealing bolts, and designates approved Crate Engine rebuilders in an effort to discourage counterfeit bolts and engine tampering.

The series also lends support to the StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series tracks in keeping up with administrative chores such as membership and registration information, keeping up with the regional points, and providing public relations support.

The added purse money up for grabs at I-77 Speedway on April 29 is an added bonus to what the StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series competitors are racing for over a 24-week period at I-77 Speedway and other StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series tracks across the country.

Not only do StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series competitors race for point fund money at their local tracks, but also a Regional and National point fund. The StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series has both a West and East Region. I-77 Speedway is in the East Region.

The top two StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series point drivers at I-77 Speedway, and the other Weekly Racing Series tracks, will have an opportunity to tap into the National Weekly Racing Series point fund money with a special invitation to the $5,000-to-win StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series National Championship Race at East Bay Raceway Park in Tampa, FL on December 15.

The Track Champions at each StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series track will also be eligible to win a GM Performance 604 Crate Engine during a special drawing at the Weekly Racing Series National Championship Race. StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series competitors are also eligible to win special contingency awards from racing manufacturers.

The StormPay.com Dirt Late Model Series National Tour, that will visit I-77 Speedway on July 22, competes for a separate point fund, with $20,000 going to the National Champion.

“What we have seen at each of our StormPay.com Dirt Late Model Series National events are the local favorites being able to compete on a level playing field with the Touring regulars,” StormPay.com Dirt Late Model Series President of Operations and Communications Roby Helm said. “That is what is great about both the National Tour and the Weekly Racing Series. Everyone is equal with their budget under the hood, and it’s all about driver skill and knowledge of chassis setup.”

For more information about the StormPay.com Weekly Racing Series and the StormPay.com Dirt Late Model Series National Tour, visit the series web site at www.stormpayracing.com.

Back