I55-wow!

t.nie

Patience Tester
Ok, well, never having been there to watch a race until last weekends CoC race, and then racing there last night, all I can say is WOW! I had an absolute blast, and the only real downside was that the night had to end. The track is just awesome to run on, incredibly fast, and not nearly as intimidating as I thought it might be. I guess I drove past it a bunch of times on 55 and always thought the place looked like one of those roman coliseums where the gladiators did battle. Being in it, well, it was kinda like that, but the track itself is much bigger than it looks, and it is actually fairly easy to stay off the walls. Much to my relief... lol

Thanks to everybody at the track/ Allied as well, for putting on a great show, and for letting us run the purestock/bomber cars there. For me, getting the opportunity to get out there and turn some laps was much appreciated.;) :)

Cant wait til next year!!!!!:D :D

I think they should run the purestock/Bombers on a reguler night instead of the little 4 Cyl. The did more racing and was a great show... Thank you all drivers on putting on a GREAT SHOW!!!!

Looked like you had a nice run in the semi, t.nie.

Concerning the Pro-4 cars, jaashemi, I thought the battle between the white Neon and the Mustang in their feature was rather entertaining, JMO.

I-55 is always great. It looked like you did pretty well in the B and was doing well in the A untill whateverhappend to your car. Did you spin in your own water/anti freeze?

Dean said:
I-55 is always great. It looked like you did pretty well in the B and was doing well in the A untill whateverhappend to your car. Did you spin in your own water/anti freeze?
Yep. It was like hitting ice in 1 and 2. I threw the belts, lost the water pump, started overheating (which i didnt know cause my temp gauge failed, something to replace before next year) and after I spun, I pulled over and asked an official to check the car over, I just knew something was different, but not exactly what. He saw the water coming out, told me, so that was it. I would have loved to have finished though. That was absolutely my best perfomance this year, by far. I had so much fun, its hard to desribe! Honestly, last night was the first time I was actually racing for positions, rather than just kinda practicing, if you know what I mean. :D :D

I was cheering for you man.... Nice job ! Glad you made the trip down and had that much fun. That's the way it ought to be fun. I have to admit the Bombers did a FANTASTIC JOB all the way around. The racing Sat was OUTSTANDING! If you missed this show every class was just Dynamite! You really missed some Great racing. You were gone when I started the tour. Sorry we missed meeting. And Glad you had Fun !!!!!

We want to congratulate everybody in the show. This was my second year watching the race, and as dirt girl said it was outstanding! I want to congratulate Aaron Kleine for doing an excellent job in the Semi to make it to the feature, and Matt Koch for doing a great job, especially since he's new to sportsmen cars and his first time at Pevely. I also want to congratulate Rudy Pu for an excellent job in his heat race and feature!

Everyone looked GREAT Sat night!!! I had the best time I had at Pevely all year! What a great way to end the season!
Jaashemi....yes...the pure stock/bombers did put a wonderfull show on for us Pevely fans on Saturday night and we enjoyed having them...but i dont agree with your comment on having the purestocks instead of "the little 4 clys"...
The pro 4 guys put tons and tons of time and effort not to mention money in to their cars and dont get anything in return except a trophy if they win. They are simly out there to have a great time and for some fun competition. (which they dont get much of with 21 the white neon out there..but thats a sore subject)

8fan said:
The pro 4 guys put tons and tons of time and effort not to mention money in to their cars and dont get anything in return except a trophy if they win. They are simly out there to have a great time and for some fun competition. (which they dont get much of with 21 the white neon out there..but thats a sore subject)

8fan pretty much shares my thoughts about the Pro4/wannabee/hornet/factory stock/wild things, etc. class. They don't pay any less than the LMs or mods do in pit passes, do they? Yet they often don't get paid anything to win. From a fan's perspective, if I can pay less to get in because there's a class willing to add to the purse without taking anything back--GREAT!

Also from a fan's perspective, I like the class because they often run a quicker, cleaner program than a lot of the support classes. And you've just got to LOVE the variety of cars in the class--everything from Saturns to Mustang IIs to EXPs to Chevettes, etc.

little pro 4 CLASS

Thanx for the support, 8fan! I wanted to reply to those comments, but I figured they were just someone's opinion & no harm done. Anyone who feels that way should take the time to try these cars out before they speak. We have a good group of drivers at I-55, and it's a real rush to participate whether you're driving (my son), or doing ALL of the work on your own car (ME) I'd love to drive a "bomber" again,too, but the 4's are a blast. Hope to see more of them every year. BigDaddyCrash9

Holy cow dirtgirl, what time did you start your tour? I kept looking for the 411 car, but you know how it is on race nights, and Sat was busier than usual running the consi and the feature. Thanks for the kind words, though, glad you enjoyed the show. Catch yall next time!

As many others have said, saturday was probably the best night of racing I've seen in the three years since we began our 4 cyl cars. I know we don't look very fast when your in the stands, we're only moving somewhere between 65-70 mph but behind the wheel it looks a whole lot faster. And with street tires its a little harder than you may think just to keep it on the track. I am truly proud of our class, we have progressed from just six cars in 2002 to what we have now. And most important, if you noticed when one of our guys crash, there will be several of us jump in and work together to get him back out there as quick as possible. In 15 years of pitting there I haven't seen much of that in other classes. As with all relatively new classes there are still more bugs to work out and we are getting there. The main thing is we stick together and have fun, its good to see that some of the fans like watching the show as much as we like putting one on.
Thanks to all you Hornet guys for showing up, had alot of fun racing with ya and you guys look pretty good out there.
The purestock guys put on a great show, I was on the edge of my seat most of the time!!
The sportsman was as always a ball to watch.
Thanks to everybody for the best night I've ever seen, and especially the fans. There is nothing better than to see the faces of those little kids plastered against the fence when we are staging for a race. Some money for a win would be nice, but money can't buy the way that feels.
thanks to all and I can hardly wait for next year!!!

Back