IMCA Mach-1 Sport Compacts are new at Marshalltown in 2012

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
MARSHALLTOWN, Iowa (Dec. 17) – Mach-1 Sport Compacts become the fifth IMCA division running weekly at Marshalltown Speedway starting in 2012.
The 4-cylinder class made a handful of well-received appearances on the 1/4-mile dirt oval this season.
“There has been a continued growth in the number of drivers in this division and the number of sanctioned tracks running the class weekly,” noted promoter Toby Kruse. “I believe we need an economical entry level class like the Sport Compacts because we have to get younger people involved in the sport.”
“I’m really excited about the division,” he added. “I definitely think it’s going to be a great addition to our Friday night shows.”
IMCA Modifieds, IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars, IMCA Sunoco Hobby Stocks and Karl Chevrolet Northern SportMods all see their first action of 2012 at Marshalltown during the April 6 Frostbuster special.
Local track points for all five IMCA divisions will be awarded from April 13 through Aug. 31.
Modifieds at Marshalltown are part of IMCA’s ButlerBuilt North Central Region. Both Stock Cars and Hobby Stocks are in respective Probe Industries Northern Regions.
Points earned in all five sanctioned divisions at Marshalltown figure toward IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly Racing national championships.

Back