Ironman 55

moonflow

BIRKY!!!
Since I haven't seen a thread on here, I would just like to thank Ray Marler and the entire staff at I-55 Raceway for working so hard to get both days of this show in. The effort put in to repair the catch fence on Friday, and to work through two rain delays, was excellent. I-55 could've easily cancelled after it started raining the second time. The crowd stuck around, and was rewarded with some excellent racing. And as for night two, with as large as the crowd was, I was proud to see there were no fights in the stands, from where I could see. Everyone was pretty nice to each other, and I had a blast. I can only hope for this show again next year, maybe bumped up a week so it's not competing against the 360 Nationals, and we can get a better field of cars.

I know scheduling a huge show like this is a monster undertaking...The 360 Nationals took a lot of good drivers/cars away from this show. Plus with the Belleville Nationals also on the same weekend, maybe a rethinking of the date could help bring some of these drivers to I-55 raceway for an equally great show. Just my .02 cents. Thanks to Ray and crew for the hard work.

No need to change the schedule. I-55 had the 2nd largest crowd in the tracks history, $$$$$$$$ for the track. Maybe them othere tracks need to change their schedule for the two day World of Outlaw Iron man show at I-55. Great job I-55 and crew

The Knoxville 360 Nationals, and the Knoxville Nationals, have been around forever. Bumping the show back one week so it's not conflicting with those shows that often draw the top sprint car drivers isn't too much to ask. The Iron Man 55 is still a young event, it's scheduling and format can still be tweaked without doing damage to the event. But it definitely needs to stay a 2 day show.

The Ironman 55 is an event created by the World of Outlaws to lead up to the Knoxville Nationals..

Then how do we keep drivers from driving right past a $20,000 to win show to go to a $10,000 to win show? Maybe make it a $10k/$30k 2 day show??

Drivers that went to the 360 Nationals:

Brian Brown
Sam Hafertepe, Jr.
Tim Shaffer
Sammy Swindell
Ian Madsen
Jeff Swindell
Danny Wood
Terry McCarl
Joey Moughan
Brooke Tatnell
Jac Haudenschild
Andrew Turley
Danny Lasoski
Randy Hannagan
Tony Bruce, Jr.
Jonathon Cornell
Brady Bacon
Kevin Swindell
Brad Loyet
Johnny Herrera

Since I haven't seen a thread on here, I would just like to thank Ray Marler and the entire staff at I-55 Raceway for working so hard to get both days of this show in. The effort put in to repair the catch fence on Friday, and to work through two rain delays, was excellent. I-55 could've easily cancelled after it started raining the second time. The crowd stuck around, and was rewarded with some excellent racing. And as for night two, with as large as the crowd was, I was proud to see there were no fights in the stands, from where I could see. Everyone was pretty nice to each other, and I had a blast. I can only hope for this show again next year, maybe bumped up a week so it's not competing against the 360 Nationals, and we can get a better field of cars.
One hell of a show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back