Is the track going to open in 2013?

SuperDave

shake and bake baby
Just curious if the track is going to open in 2013?

3 very well known celebrities are rumored to be involved. Santa claus, easter bunny and the tooth fairy were spotted looking at the facility last week.

I was told today that it has been bought by Clyde Harrison and he plans to open the drag strip first then the dirt track, no word on time frame. Would be nice to have it running again I loved that place. This is just what I heard so any more solid info would be great.

[h=5]Benton Raceway-Park
[/h][h=5]DIRT CARS

We appreciate all of the interest in the racetrack. We have been very busy getting things lined out to move down there. The classes for the dirt track on sat nights will be as follows.
1. pro 4 class
2. Street Stock
3. B mod
4. Late model crate motor
Rules will be posted soon. We will be having another open house for the dirt track as soon as we get it ready we are shooting to have it running in may. Anyone wishing to help with the circle track please send me a message with contact info and i will let u know when and what we are doing . We also plan on a demolition derby as well as a figure 8 race. Again thanks for all of the interest, and we look forward to seeing everyone on march 3.
[/h]

Could you elaborate a little more on 'street stock'? This may be a little premature to ask for specifics but there has been no local class called street stock for many years. Do you know what rule book you'd fall back on?
The reason I am asking is because there is a racer trade show and auction, and a major swap meet in Cape Girardeau within two weeks. I do not know what I need to be shopping for.

THe only problem with that is Malden car counts were suffering. Several nights we were down there, they had no more than 10 cars in some classes.

I can't believe they are not planning on running A-mods, even when the track was open before and suffering bad car counts they always had a good showing of mods.

hope they re think there choices, on there facebook page has blown up about a-mods.. everyone wants a-mods and several cars were planning on racing there too..

Back