Its Official: Montgomery Motorsports Park will open in 2014

westlingracing

Race or Die
As of today 12/13/2013 there is a new promoter for Montgomery Motorsports Park.
He will reveal more information next week.
UMP Late Models
UMP Modifieds
a basically stock 4 cyl class, front and rear drive
and a Street stock class with rules to be determined.

Please voice your opinions for the Street stock class if your interested in running there.

We also will need contact info for anyone interested in helping.
Message me contact info and I can pass it on when I meet up with him on Monday.

Plan is to have rules and some schedule out by the 7th of December.
Start date to be an early 2nd week of March

I know MMP is a decent drive from the STL area but it is hard to beat the Highland, Tri City, Belleville, Street Stock/Factory Stocks/Pure Stocks ( whatever you want to call them...LOL ) rules. I am not sure if there is any kind of street stock class similar out that way or not. I know of a handful of people from the STL area that would come out there on a somewhat regular basis. Id say to run that class like the sportsman national rules ( of coarse tech would have to be done ) and slap more weight on cars that have different things like suspension, clutch, aluminum intakes, etc. That would only apply though if there was a class out that way that was alittle more open on the rules than the STL area cars.

Good Luck in 2014 regardless. Glad to hear that its got a weekly show there again. Never got to run on the track since it was redone but if the STL area type street stocks are there in 2014 I will be there frequently too im sure.

Steetstocks were dropped from the track in Moberly, they follow USRA rules not sure if they are close to those rules or IMCA stock car rules. All I know is we would like to run modified takeoffs for tire rules. From there its all up to what responses we get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Sprint cars???
Tri-City Street Stocks always put on a good show. Use those rules.
If you live in St. Charles this track is just as close as I-55.
Glad to see this news.

The thing is they came out with a nice pay for the street stocks guys about mid season the first yr back and none of the guys would show up! what makes em think they gonna now? Jmo but I think thy better seal the deal with em and pay em good! Triple Track Points...Mmp, Tri city and Highland...nice lil ten race series!

So more of the same that's already been tried. Maybe they can make enough off some sprint car specials to break even. Good luck, I hope it works out.

There will be some sprints just not weekly. Might try pushing for once a month maybe. Who knows. Might just go with lates mods and sprints and no real entry class. We got lots to decide in a short amount of time.

Highland, Tri City, Belleville Street Stock rules package provides a competitive class that is some of the best racing around. UMP national points. It would be nice if it could be a Sunday night race since Quincy is the only Sunday track in the area. JMO
These rules are very similar to the IMCA , Ursa or Quincy Hobby Stocks. We raced our Quincy Hobby Stock at Belleville and Highland last summer only adding headers and eMod tires when Quincy dropped the class last year.
We would have 2 cars there every week Saturday or Sunday.
Regardless of rules choice, I'm glad to see the track running next year.

Between those rules and moberly usra rules it's looking. Pretty good odds they will be along those lines. Mmp and quincy not going to compete for sundays as long as they are both ump. Hwy 19 is a straight shot between the two. Too many latemodels and mods will run both tracks to mess with changing from saturday.

You would pull more from St Louis than Quincy. Not many Late Models and Mods consistently make the haul to Quincy from stl currently. Plus MMP is an hour closer. JMO

Back