Jacksonville, IL

20M

The track in Jacksonville, IL is strongly considering adding the Hornet class for next year. Jacksonville is a very fast high bank 1/4 mi. that has come a long way over the years.

I didn't know that:confused: :confused: :confused: I spectated Jville 6-8 times this year. Good time, competitive races, canned beer, lousy popcorn.......Hope they dont lose the other classes, Micros, etc. I'm just getting into hornets. I'd like to see it from the inside, Go Moughan!!:D :D :D :D :D

I heard micros are gone and they might be running modifieds there 1 or 2 times a month... Or just run them there all year next year.. Havent heard anything about hornets.. Go STANDRIDGE

At first, the word was they weren't going to replace the micros with anything, just have added classes such as the modifieds once in a while. But here in the last week it seems like everyone around there has decided they want to race a hornet, so they are trying to find out how much realistic interest there is in running the class every week. My guess is that will do it, there are already cars in the area that tow up to Macomb on Saturday nights, and it will probably not add much to the cost of putting on a program, especially when you consider the purse, if any for hornets.

ya but no one wants to sit there and watch hornets.. they are boring.. modifieds would be better and exciting.. they could get so many modfieds there every week... GO STANDRIDGE #22

I know! I know! I'm new and alot of my friends say it in my area. The spectator should consider a driver's gotta start somewhere. Rear wheel hornet doesn't seem like a bad way to go. Slip & slide everywhere - might be fun. Be competitive with the front wheelers and ya did something. (I'm not sure they can). The so called spec motors in the competitive B-mods, now a days, are running and competing with A's. I've worked em and I know what it is. I also find that the type of track and how they are treated makes a difference in the show. Checkout Macomb, podunk track but has alot of character, it got me interested. Apparently, Pittsfield started them. Not much crowd there, either. They just want to RUN. Am I lookin the wrong way? Whattya recommend????

Damn hornets show up right when you're not lookin!:D (Macomb - Go Kevin Paul!!!!)

I wish ministocks could get started at a few other tracks. I know they cost a little more than a Hornet/Wannabee. But you can do a little with them.

Hornets at J'ville

I am sure the hornets will get a lot of cars.But if they pay like a lot of other tracks,I will continue to drive the hour and a half to Brownstown(farther from J'ville) to race with a class of hornets that get treated like a class. i.e.Points,Payout(100 to win w/ 16+ cars) One time this year they didn't pay at least 100 to win.etc.

I heard that the Jacksonville track officials are getting sets of rules from from other tracks so they can get an idea of what rules to put in their own set. As far as a purse I would have no idea, when I do hear something I will let you all know.

Back