Jeremy Clements Comment?

glbert

Does anyone have the slightest idea what this guy said? What I have read on ESPN.com does not make sense why he had to get suspended. I am willing to listen to a good rumor if anyone has one.

I have seen where someone is saying he called somebody a "redneck". I hope I don't get banned for that ha ha, sorry jimmy

Does anyone have the slightest idea what this guy said? What I have read on ESPN.com does not make sense why he had to get suspended. I am willing to listen to a good rumor if anyone has one.

NASCAR Nationwide Series driver Jeremy Clements use of a racial slur during an MTV interview led to his indefinite suspension by NASCAR.

Marty Beckerman, an associate editor for MTV’s Guy Code blog, said that Clements “blurted out [a phrase that used the n-word]" during an interview session last weekend at Daytona International Speedway.

Beckerman explained what transpired during the time spent with Clements while working on the story.

"I was there to do a fish-out-of-water story about going to NASCAR and having a wild, crazy weekend,” Beckerman told MTV News. “And, we were doing interviews with many of the drivers, and I was on the way to another interview — we were looking for Johanna Long's trailer — and the NASCAR publicist called Mr. Clements over and asked him for help finding her.

"He walked us toward where she was, and on the way over, I explained to him that Guy Code is rules for guys, how you treat your friends, how you treat your ladies, things like that. I was there to do a humor piece, so I asked him what would be Guy Code for racecar drivers, and he blurted out [a phrase that used the n-word]."

NASCAR announced earlier this week it was suspending Clements indefinitely for an “intolerable and insensitive” remark made. Clements explained his side of the story to ESPN the next day.

But Beckerman said the comment was not intended to be used in his story and the subsequent NASCAR action toward Clements may have put it more into the spotlight.

"We had not even intended to necessarily publish it, because our site is a humor site for men, we aren't the New York Times, we aren't investigative journalism,” Beckerman told MTV News. “It didn't fit with our blog. The fact is that NASCAR made this a national story, and then Clements explained a bit of what he said to ESPN ... I never wanted to be part of the story."

napcar over reactes again,,make him opligise and take a sensativity class,,its ok for the gang bangers to use the n word and refer to woman as ,,as, well you know....

I agree Fireball 100 percent not to mention if i was a betting man 75 percent of the team members let alone the driver's kid around and say sexist things about women ect and so on thinking its just between them and noone else. What he said was wrong and we get that. But to punish him to that extreme seems to me someone had it out for him beforehand

NASCAR is so hypocritical. They ban Clements but fall all over themselves promoting 'diversity' by allowing rapper 50 Cent to roam pit road all day Sunday. The same 50 Cent who spouts the N word on most of his "songs."

Once again "social media" and soundbites affect someone's life! NO such thing as a private conversation anymore,someone is always watching and listening...Btw, $0.50 tweeted that he did not see any black people at the the race,what did he expect,a Jackson 5 reunion?..;)

Oh i agree biker and funny thing is if you look in the background at a race anymore there are numerous african americans working on raceteams but 50 cents is using that reverse racial bs on everyone to make it look like he was the only black person there. He is disgusting.......his songs are lude and crude to put it in a nice way and he is a racist himself but he wont admit it one bit. It plays both ways but some people dont see it that way sometimes. Plus you never ever force yourself on a woman! I dont care if its a hug or a kiss. She was clearly uncomfortable and he flat didnt care. Wonder what kind of "nice " things they would catch him saying off the record. Pleeze

Once again "social media" and soundbites affect someone's life! NO such thing as a private conversation anymore,someone is always watching and listening...Btw, $0.50 tweeted that he did not see any black people at the the race,what did he expect,a Jackson 5 reunion?..;)

not too many black folk at a hockey game either and 50cent point is

I read that article on ESPN that luckybuc97 posted and it does not really tell anything specific. It can't be anything too significant or AL Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be screaming and Nascar would have to donate several million to their cause to appease them. I thought he might have said "n****r rig" or some similar slang that most of us have used at one time or another. If Nascar is going to suspend the guy for it, the fans deserve to know what he said.

Beckerman said that when he asked what would be “Guy Code for race car drivers," Clements blurted out a phrase that included a racial slur.

He added that the driver did not use the slur in relation to a specific driver, but instead was showing that "if you drive roughly, you'll be treated roughly." The interview was not recorded, though Beckerman said he wrote the quote in his notes and then continued speaking with Clements. He later received a call from the driver in which Beckerman told MTV News that Clements let it be known that he regretted making the comment.

Beckerman went on to say that he did not publicly address the statement until “NASCAR made this a national story” because “we aren't investigative journalism. It didn't fit with our blog.”

This was taken from the article on foxsports.com. It gives a little more detail about what he said.

Back