Jeremy Standridge Continues Family Traditions with Midwest All Stars

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
CAMARGO, IL (3-06-08) by Robert Cortum - O'Reilly Midwest All Star Series

The Standridge name has become almost iconic throughout the Midwest racing scene. Team Standridge, based out of the Springfield, Illinois area, has throttled some of the fastest machines in racing including late models, modifieds, and of course sprint cars for decades.

You could call Jeremy Standridge a “chip off the ol’ block.” Standridge’s father, Ron, raced for many years fielding family owned cars and raced equally powerful machines owned by guys such as the late Rich DeReu. Now, Ron finds ways to keep in touch with the sport after hanging up the helmet by turning wrenches on his son’s Eagle/Automotive Machine powered #10S.

It’s a love of the sport and competition that keeps this family in the business week in and week out. This was demonstrated in 2007 with the O’Reilly Midwest All Star Series as Jeremy stayed within the top 10 in points all season long.

“It’s tough to get to do this every week, but I have made it just a part of my life,” Standridge noted. “Trying to keep up with the family, a full-time job, going to school full-time, and racing fills up a person’s schedule quickly, but I love doing it.”

Standridge currently owns and runs his own successful business, Standridge Web Designs while going to Robert Morris College in Springfield, Illinois, where he is carrying high marks in the Computer Networking program.

“I do this just like everyone else out on tour with the Midwest All Stars, because I love it. My family surrounds me and everyone is supportive of our team and our program,” Jeremy said. “Without my crew, my family, and sponsors, this would be impossible. I am fortunate to have familiar sponsors on the car each year.”

The Eagle/Automotive Machine powered sprinter will be sponsored in 2008 by Modern Paving and Scrap, Jim’s Towing, Carnahan Graphics, Weiland Racing Enterprises, and Standridge Website Designs. In addition to those sponsors, Jeremy takes time to thank Jerry Russell of Eagle Chassis for all of his support over the years.

Standridge and team are looking to improve upon their 6th place 2007 finish with the O’Reilly Midwest All Star Series. They are looking forward by kicking off the season with a pre-season party at Kicks Family Entertainment Center in Springfield, Illinois from 11:00am to 5:00pm on March 9th. Visit Jeremy's web site for more information at www.standridgemotorsports.com

“For 2008 we just want to go out and improve every aspect of the race. We of course want to qualify well every night, it certainly sets the tone for the rest of the event. But, we can’t stop the improvement there, we have to continue to improve the rest of the event, and then into the rest of the season.”

Stay up to date with Jeremy’s quest for the title in 2008 by visiting www.midwestallstarseries.com. While you are there, catch up on the rest of the O’Reilly Midwest All Star happenings and latest news. The Midwest All Star Series kicks off the 2008 season on April 11th at Benton Race Park in Benton, MO.

Back