Jerrod Hull

From what I heard, Jerrod was released from the hospital last night. He had burns on both legs in a strip around where his suit and socks met and he had strained (or pulled) a ligament in his leg. He was VERY lucky!

Jerrod was handing the rest of his heat their butts when, suddenly, on the last lap he came to a stop in turn1. He got the car almost stopped and the cockpit flared up. As he tried to escape it, he fell to the groound as the car freewheeled down the banking toward the infield. Apparently during the process, the car ran over his leg. There was a fire fighter on both ends of the track, and he was extinguished as soon as the FF could safely get to him.

Scary incident... We figured, at the time, that the driveline may have broken and knocked off the fuel pump and/or hurt his ankle. A friend of mine was pit side and said that rumor indicated that was NOT the case, and they weren't sure what started the fire. Apparently the seat/cover was toasted, but it burned for a few seconds while the FF tended to Jerrod.

What happened?

Jerrod had a fuel fire in the cockpit of his car while leading his heat race by a big margin. He bailed out and was hit on his leg by his own car. Fortunately he was not injured worse than he was. It was a scary incident.

Edit: Surfer and I apparently posted around the same time. A member of Hull's crew said that the fuel line was not broken. As I understood what was said the fuel switch, pump, and/or filter were pretty much intact, but the fuel leaked from a vent hole in one of them or a fitting. Someone closer to the situation or more familiar with the fuel line plumbing can probably give a better answer on this.

This is Jerrod's brother Christopher and I was with my brother from when he was on the track all the way up until he got released from the hospital. Jerrod has minor burns on both legs nothing serious. But most of his pain is in his knee from where it got caught in the nerf bar and he jerked it out and felt a pop. And Scott the Crew Chief went over the car that night and he thinks it was the highspeed diaphragm busted and when that happend there is a pin hole in the highspeed and the fuel was coming from there. My brother is very lucky he was so far out front and no one else hit him.

Well this is awesome news dampered only by the accident... I have watched Jarrod for a long time. He is a he11 of a driver and a great guy to sit and talk to.

GET WELL JARROD!!!!

Few pics from Lee County Speedway...

Attachments

• oh.jpg
    oh.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 136
  • ab.jpg
    ab.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 135
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 123
Glad to hear Jerrod is doing good. Everyone at Lake Ozark wishes him the best and hope see him early in the 2009 season at the track.

This is Christoher again....I went with Jerrod to the doctor today and the doctor said that Jerrod tore his Acl,Mcl and two legaments in his knee and is going to require sergery. He also Mentioned some other cl that might be torn but he isn't for sure.

This is Christoher again....I went with Jerrod to the doctor today and the doctor said that Jerrod tore his Acl,Mcl and two legaments in his knee and is going to require sergery. He also Mentioned some other cl that might be torn but he isn't for sure.

I'm glad to hear that he is OK.. but it sure sounds like it messed his knee up pretty good.. i hope everything goes smoothly for his surgery and the recovery.. get well soon and back to the track..

Hate to hear that, i was hoping to see him race at the Short Track Nationals, in Little Rock, later this month. Hope he makes a speedy recovery!!!

Back