Jesse Hockett R.I.P.

HWORRELL

Just informed Jesse Hocket was killed today in a freak accident loading the trailer. WOW !

Wow.. Just watched him kick everyone's butt out at the Lake Ozark Speedway Saturday!

875822483_VKqXA-L.jpg

Jesse Hockett (1983-2010) - R.I.P.

TULSA, Okla. (May 26, 2010) – The nation lost one of its most daring Sprint Car drivers on Wednesday afternoon, as Jesse Hockett lost his life in an accident in his Warsaw, MO, shop.

The 26-year-old was electrocuted while prepping his trailer for a four-day Memorial Day weekend of racing that was to include Thursday’s USAC event at Terre Haute, weekly action near home at Sedalia on Friday and then the Lucas Oil ASCS Sprint Car Series Steve King Memorial at the Jetmore Motorplex on Saturday and Sunday.

The entire staff and families of the American Sprint Car Series along with the entire racing community extend deepest sympathies to the family and friends of Jesse Hockett at this time.

Details regarding services will be announced as they become available.

I cant believe it! Jesse was an unbelievable driver and an even better person! He just came off a 3 for 3 weekend and always went above beyond on the track and off! RIP Rocket!!

Guess it would be a wise idea to drive a piece of rebar in the ground and hook a ground wire from it to your trailer. I have been tickled more than once in the rain by my old enclosed trailer. Why are lessons some time so hard ?
...............................................................................GOD SPEED ROCKET.....................................................................

Jesse is an awesome person along with a great driver. Just watched him on Saturday kick butt at the LOS Speedway. He is just a great person and didn't deserve this yet. Don't understand why sometimes but can't second guess the person upstairs making those decisions. He will greatly be missed on the dirt tracks every where. So appreciate him for what he did while my son was sick in the hospital and didn't have a chance to tell him that yet. RIP Rocket!!!!!!

wow; sad sad news;; over something apparently so simple. a true young talent lost forever. tragic in every sense of the word. condolences to all of his many fans/friends/family.

He was a local hero someone that people could say he is from Mo and be proud because he could run anything anywhere anytime and was fast

This is sad to hear!! We get on here to talk about the what ifs and the what nots!! We never know when this can happen to us!! May god be with family,freinds and all who new him!! (god bless them all)

my thoughts and prayers go out to his family. i was able to watch him race once and was one of the most incredible drivers i'v ever gotten to see. this is very sad news to the racing community. he will be sadly missed....................R.I.P.

Austin "Bigdog"

Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Glad we got to see him race Saturday at the Lake.

CRD Motorsports
Casey, Renee and Dan

AWESOME JOB JIMMY!! I didnt know this but my boy was on he last night and seen the article about what happened!! He come running to the garage and told me. i posted on here about this and didnt realize we had seen him a couple weeks ago at jacksonville and he just kicked there butt. What a amazing driver!! (GOD BLESS THE WHOLE FAMILY)

Visitation for Jesse will be Monday May 31 from 5-8p.m. in downtown Warsaw, MO at the Reser Funeral Home 101 W Main Warsaw, MO and the Services will be held on Tuesday June 1st at Warsaw High School at 2:00p.m.

Back