jimmy burwell

megan

i think the voting is messed up because the other day jimmy had 77 votes and today he has 68 whats up with that thats wrong for somebody to do that he should be the winner since somebody has messed with it

There were 30+ new accounts register with email addresses @jimmyburwell.com and @rylandagg.com within a couple of days. That was an obvious attempt to stack the votes. All of those votes were removed. <B>No matter how many votes Jim Burwell has at the end of voting, he will NOT win this award due to the obvious attempts by those who maintain his website at running up the votes.</b>

Man, that burwell is a class act. How does he get his head in the helmet with that ego?

Hmmm, if a guy is willing to cheat on a simple poll like this....

Tim

GOOD JOB MR. DEARING!!!

SUGGESTION FOR NEXT YEAR, LIMIT THE DRIVER OF THE YEAR TO CHAMPIONSHIP WINNERS. GUYS WHO HAVE REALLY ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING.

WRONG

I think this wrong . If they voted they voted. how many others do that all you have to do is set up a new email address--thats not hard-- or does it just have to be a peavley driver win.. Sorry but Jimmy has accomplished something he is in the top 10 in ump--oh and before you bash, no i did not have anything to do with this i am just stating my opinion...And to say that he WILL NOT win is that FAIR Jimmy D.

MAYBE ITS THE SAME PEOPLE GETTING MULTIPLE FREE EMAIL ADDRESSES? IF IT LEGITIMATE, WHY DID THEY ALL GO THROUGH THOSE WEB SITES????

We would like to let you know that we did not allow anyone to use are web-site to stack the votes for Jimmy Burwell. Our web-site rylandagg.com is put together by an individual and we only give information for them to update it. We have no control over how it is used. We do aplogize for this and feel that JDearing did the right thing.

Re: WRONG

Originally posted by speed
I think this wrong . If they voted they voted. how many others do that all you have to do is set up a new email address--thats not hard-- or does it just have to be a peavley driver win.. Sorry but Jimmy has accomplished something he is in the top 10 in ump--oh and before you bash, no i did not have anything to do with this i am just stating my opinion...And to say that he WILL NOT win is that FAIR Jimmy D.

Why do we have to bring Pevely into this MIX. Maybe it has to do with MODERN TECHNOLOGY! Maybe people really like TIM RAT alot better. Maybe no one had to do this dirty deed for him to get his votes. This has nothing to do with Pevely or Jimmy D. liking one place over another. It has to do with the fans and buddies making the wrong choices and ruining it for the driver.. What a shame... Sorry for you Jimmy Burwell... And yes it does seem fair. At least we have someone like Jimmy D. who watches for us and keeps us all on the same paying field. Seems to be the same song different dance all across this board fans ruining it for the drivers....
Have a Nice day and Good Luck to the rest of the people in the poll....
Lisa

So let me get this straight. If more than 1 person votes from the same email address that is against jdearing's law. So if I have three people in my family and we all voted for different drivers from the same e-mail addy who's vote are you going to take away?I'm sorry jdearing but i don't agree with removing votes after they have been cast. If there is a flaw in the system then it needs to be changed next time not in mid stream.
Just my opinion

Larry Lee

LARRY,
I DON'T BELIEVE THIS SITE ALLOWS YOU TO REGISTER MULTIPLE SCREEN NAMES UNDER THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS. SO I WOULD THINK THEY ARE GETTING EMAIL ADDRESSES FROM THOSE SITES. I ASSUME SOMETHING LIKE YOU CAN DO WITH YAHOO AND HOTMAIL ECT.......

good call jimmy d. I agree with the post made earlier about the drivers who win championships being the ones nominated. After all this is about having an outstanding season, whether you like the driver or not, Its about facts! Its not a popularity contest!

congrads to Frankie Martin, Ed Dixon & Rodney Melvin ;)

There will be a lot fewer drivers on the nominations list next year. I don't know the exact criteria I will use, but it will probably be the track champions from the area tracks and maybe someone who finished a close 2nd in a championships.

This award has sort of become a popularity contest and that is NOT what it was intended.

So I will change the criteria to be nominated next year.

<B>I also am looking at forcing you to have a minimum number of POSTS on this board before you can vote.</b>

JDearing is da man!!!! That is incredibly rediculous what they tried to do with Burwell's votes. If you can't win fairly, I guess it is ok to cheat. I knew that there was no way Burwell had that many fans!

"Fast" Frankie or Melvin should win anyway!

popularity

The driver I picked may not have won the most races or the most championships or have the best of everything. Since I did not see any special criteria on voting. Since I drive -I voted for the one that was the most helpful to me on and off the track. Maybe, that is what everyone that voted for him thinks too. So if that falls into popularity-I am guity.

ps he is a pevely guy

The company that maintains jimmyburwell.com and rylandagg.com take full responsibility for the problems that occurred. A person that was helping them with the sites had full admin privledges and was able to create email accounts. That person is no longer helping with the sites(from an email from the company).

I am satisified the Jimmy Burwell nor Rylan Dagg or any one associated with their racing operations were involved in this. Just one bad apple can make a whole lot of people look bad.

Back