Jimmy Spencer suspended from NASCAR, will miss Bristol

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Jimmy Spencer gave Kurt Busch a few blows to the face after the race on Sunday. Coming into the garage area, Spencer ran into the back of Busch's car and spun him around, then got out and went up to Busch's window and punched him a few times in the face.

Spencer was suspended until Aug. 26.

Both drivers are also on probation until Dec. 31

I WAS HOPING TO SEE THEM GET INTO IT AGAIN WHEN I WAS THERE ON SATURDAY NIGHT! I AM SURE THERE WILL BE A FEW SCORES SETTLED ON SATURDAY. MAYBE JEFF GORDON/HARVICK? OR ROBBY GORDON AND ANYBODY. THERE WILL BE ALOT OF FENDER BANGING GOING ON!

I read on some website, I think Jayski.com, where after the race Robbie Gordon basically said he was glad Spencer did what he did to Busch. that "busch has had it coming for a long time"

Ok, Busch is young and yes aggressive. But no matter how much crap Busch has caused it wouldn't even be a drop in the bucket compared to the wrecks and altercations that Gordon and Spencer together have managed. Talk about you "pot calling the kettle black" Spencer needs to be kicked out of Cup permanantely. He's an idiot.

An article in today's paper quotes Spencer who says he plans to appeal NASCAR's decision to suspend him.

Can you plead insanity in NASCAR?

TTG/MM

Before you can plead INSANITY....doesn't there have to be a committee formed to look into the matter first...and that could take weeks or months.....oh wait...I must have Nascar confused with the Government.

i hate bush but i dont like spencer i think its funny
he punched him he should of pulled him out and beat
the **** out of him didnt there feud start last year at
bristal when bush ran over him

in todays day and age of cookie cutter drivers with their cookie cutter inteviews, I find the Jimmy and Kurt show rather refreshing.

How many times have you heard a drive spout the same usless tripe? "Well, my guys worked real hard all weekend, and we had the Thrashwell-Snailby Chervrolet running real good. We were just riding in 23 place and we just ran out of laps when we made our move. blah, blah, blah..."

I love it when the drivers tell the truth, rather than the corporate approved BS. I read an interview with Dale Jr. and he was asked how his car was. He replied "Man it's bad. I'm not talking a little push or anything, theres some evil $hit going on in there"

Nascar NEEDS characters like Spencer and Busch and even Kenny Wallace to keep the drivers from becoming so bland that they are easily forgettable.

Tim

DANG THAT SURE IS A SHAME= MIKE WONT GET TO SEE HIS TWO LEAST FAVORITE DRIVERS BANGING EACH OUTHER- BUT THERE SHOULD BE ENOUGH ACTION TO KEEP HIM AWAKE FOR THE FINISH- JUST HOPE IT DOESN END LIKE THE LAST ONE I WENT TO WHEN GORDON TAPPED RUSTYS REAR FOR THE WIN

Response From Jimmy Spencer:

The following is a statement from Jimmy Spencer in response to his suspension by NASCAR, which was announced today by news release: "I will always protect myself and my race team.. We are going to appeal the penalty, and we are going to do so in accordance to the NASCAR rulebook."(Ultra Motorpsorts PR)(8-18-2003)

Kurt Busch on what happened:

"I ran out of gas when I got into the garage area, and Jimmy Spencer ran into the back of my car. I was still in the car when he approached me with obvious anger. Words were exchanged, but I was still strapped in my seat with my helmet off when he struck me in the face. He broke my tooth and bloodied my nose.". (Roush Racing PRs)(8-18-2003)

Medical Condition Update On Kurt Busch

5:10 P.M. Upon completion of his medical examination this afternoon, Kurt Busch issued the following regarding the extent of the injury he received from Jimmy Spencer.
"I have swelling on the left side of my face that is not expected to heal for three months. My breathing has been affected, and although it will not affect my ability to race, it will make breathing with helmet on more uncomfortable. I have been told that there is some tissue damage, and that there is a 15% chance that I will require reconstructive surgery to repair the damage. That assessment will not be made until the swelling dissipates."(Roush Racing PRs)(8-18-2003)

Easy

He just might need those ears when he loses his hair gives a girl something to hold onto:eek: :eek: :eek: LMAO!!!!!!

THE FIGHT'S AND ARGUMENT'S ARE WHAT MAKES IT GREAT TO WATCH! WONDERING WHO IS GOING TO RUB WHO OR TAKE SOMEONE OUT, KEEPS THE FANS WATCHING EVERY WEEKEND. AND BUSCH DOES HAVE SOME BIG EARS!

oh, I was hoping kurt would be the one to teach spencer a lesson, but I guess you can't teach an old dog anything.
mongo needs a muzzle, a leash, and anger management.
and ya'll thought tony was agressive.

yeah right that little weasle (dr. spock jr.) would have about as much chance as a snowball in hell against spencer. i just watched wind tunnel and dave played the radio conversation that spock jr. had with his crew chief. and he said after the contact with spencer he was trying to flatten jimmy's fender in. so the way i see it the little big eared big mouthed punk got exactly what he deserved!!!!!!!!! jimmy probably told him to get out of the car but he is too much of a puss to get out.

Back