Joey Mack takes UMP Late Model win at AT&P Racepark

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
April 6th 2003

Benton, Mo; Opening night at the Auto Tire and Parts Racepark belonged to the 2002 MARS Series Rookie of the Year Champion Joey Mack of Benton, Missouri. For the first time in five years the Late Models returned to the Benton facility with a total of 22 Late Models on a very chilly spring evening. Joey Mack dominated the Late Model Class by winning his main event and finishing second in his heat. The Mack Racing Team did an awesome job in preparing the 97M car for a smooth track surface that turned "dry slick" early on in the program. "I'm very proud to get to win a feature just three miles from my home this one is very special to me and my crew" Mack said. Not only did a Benton, Missouri driver win his main event in the Late Models so did two other drivers from Sikeston which both live just 15 miles south of the Racepark. Twelve year old Nathan Rettig won his Pure Street Feature and Nineteen Year Old Daron Clayton drove his 92 car to victory lane in the Outlaw Wing Sprint Class. In the Modified Class Tennessee Driver Bart Richardson captured the feature win. "I like this track and I will be back" Richardson said in victory lane after winning the Modified main event.

A total of 92 cars turned out for opening night at the Auto Tire and Parts NAPA Racepark. "I was very pleased with the total number of cars we had tonight for such a cold evening, and I commend all of our drivers, fans, and race teams for a job well done on a night that mother nature was not at her best", Promoter Jerry Wolsey said. After taking a week off racing action will return to the Auto Tire and Parts NAPA Racepark on April 19th. For further information visit the Auto Tire and Parts NAPA Racepark web site at www.autotireandpartsracepark.com or call
1-573-545-9366/1-573-887-3003.

Results:

Late Models
01. Joey Mack
02. Dave Eaves
03. Brian Maynard
04. Todd Hall
05. Brent Kreke
06. Chris Winter
07. Tony Boyles
08. Kevin Stephens
09. Justin Anderson
10. Billy James

Outlaw Wing Sprints
01. Daron Clayton
02. Jerrod Hull
03. Jan Howard
04. Jeff Buckner
05. Matt Liner
06. Eddie Lynch
07. Rob Stanridge
08. Lowe Cannell
09. Shawn King
10. Todd Rowland

Modifieds
01. Bart Richardson
02. Rusty Griffaw
03. Brandon Maxwell
04. Danny Resinger
05. Anoy Tennson
06. Brad Witenshaw
07. Kevin Cole
08. Leo Kiefer
09. Steve Cole
10. Danny Sissom

Pure Street
01. Nathan Rettig
02. Tim Winchester
03. Billy Hopkins
04. Dietrick Bollinger
05. Michael Lark
06. Jason Mueller
07. Cline Myers Jr
08. Derek Despain
09. Greg Casey
10. Matt Naeger

Cruisers
01. Southard/Koenig
02. Bartels/Trankler
03. Rowland/ Mayberry
04. Hurst/Bowen
05. Meystedt/Meystedt
06. Borgfield/Bisler
07. Kueh/Kohler
08. Daniel/Hancock
09. Kelley/McMillen
10. Kelley/Moore

Congrats!

Congrats to all of the winners at the AT&P Racepark.

Especially to Joey Mack and the Mack Racing team on their win! Good Luck to them this season!

~ A loyal 97M supporter

Back