Justin Wakefield Practice Notes

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
Justin Wakefield NASCAR Autozone Elite Division, Southeast Series Nashville Superspeedway and Hickory Motor Speedway Practice Notes

(Woodstock, GA) Justin Wakefield, driver of the #98 Carswell Motorsports Ford Taurus entry in the NASCAR Autozone Elite Division, Southeast Series took the opportunity for testing last week to prepare of the upcoming season.

Wakefield and crew started at Nashville Superspeedway USA and are very pleased with their results.

“We were extremely fast at Nashville, and I could not be happier with the times we turned,” says Wakefield. “We had a good run last year at Nashville, and I can not wait until we go back. Nashville is such a fun track to race at and after this test session, I believe we have a good shot at a win.”

After a successful test session at Nashville Superspeedway USA, Wakefield and team traveled to the historic Hickory Motor Speedway in Hickory, NC. For an open test session with several other Southeast Series teams. This was Justin’s first time visiting the famed asphalt oval.

“Hickory is a neat race track, and it was just fun being there knowing the history and all the good drivers that have raced at Hickory,” commented Justin. “The test session went well, and our car shook out well considering this is our fist time at the track. I believe we will be competitive when we return later this season,” commented Wakefield.

Justin and the Carswell Motorsports team led by former NASCAR All Pro champion and former NASCAR Winston Cup winner, Jody Ridley will be competing full time in the 2004 season on the NASCAR Autozone Elite Division, Southeast Series. The team has been busy during the off season preparing of the upcoming season and is eager to return to the track.

“It has been a short off season for us even though it has been close to five months since we last raced. My team has put in long hours over the past months, and hopefully, all of our persistent efforts will pay off shortly,” concluded Justin.

The NASCAR Autozone Elite Division, Southeast Series season will kick off on April 16, 2004 at Music City Motorplex in Nashville, TN for a 150 lap event.

Back