Kankakee Closed

yea, it ****s for us that live up here, i moved from collinsville about 9 years ago, i miss the racing down there..so support the tracks you have before they are gone to.

from what i have read, the promoter didnt have the money to cover the summer nats payout so ump took the sanction away from them, so i imagine it had to do with that.

JBD Race Promotions Ceases Operations of KCS
To all race participants, employees, and patrons of Kankakee County Speedway. The Speedway is now closed. We cannot continue to operate the track at such a large weekly loss. The bottom line is the economy is bad and people just are not coming to the track. 6/26 was a benchmark day for us with Farmer City not running and us having a modified special, the weather was perfect, yet we experienced our smallest crowd of the year, and lower car counts. This is strictly a business decision and no one in Kankakee is at fault. We are a little disappointed by certain groups that we feel could have helped keep the track open, but when we expressed our concerns we basically got told they do not care if we run or not. The truth is would anyone keep a business open losing thousands per week.

Drivers, if you still have a check from the closed account, please mail to PO Box 771, Kankakee IL 60901 and all checks will of course be paid. This needs to be done fairly quickly though because the accountants are closing the books. Please do not hold them for 3 months.

Thanks,
Doug Judy

Really disappointing, but a sign of the times. Hopefully things will turn around enough where they can reopen next year. I think more tracks like KKK need to look at running specials only, where they can draw a good crowd and car count, and operate at a profit.

Back