Ken Schrader Pre-Phoenix Cup Race Preview

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member
From IMG Motorsports

Schrader's Thoughts On Phoenix International Raceway...
"Phoenix is always a favorite for me because it brings back a lot of memories. In about 1979 the first big racing trip we took was to Phoenix. We loaded up and drove down from St. Louis and I remember thinking that what a big deal it was to run there. I've been going a couple of times a year ever since, and I look forward to racing at the track every time I get the chance."

"M & M's"® Racing At Phoenix International Raceway...

Ken Schrader plays a big part of a special promotion for this weekend's race - PEDIGREE® TO THE RESCUE. For every kilometer that Schrader completes in Sunday's event, PEDIGREE® will donate 100 pounds of its new Healthy Nuggets(tm) dog food to the Search and Rescue Dogs Of America. A total of 50,000 pounds of dog food will be donated to canine handlers who are members of the National Association of Search and Rescue (NASAR).

As part of the promotion, the No. 36 PEDIGREE® car that Schrader will pilot this weekend will have a new look for the event at Phoenix International Raceway. The car will feature Healthy Nuggets(tm) - a new addition to the famous PEDIGREE® recipe. The new recipe delivers both great taste and advanced nutrition to help dogs live a long, healthy life.

Schrader will unveil the special one-race PEDIGREE® with Healthy Nuggets(tm) paint scheme on Wednesday night. The unveiling will take place at the PetSmart store located at 7290 West Bell Road in Glendale, Ariz., on Wednesday night, Nov. 6, at 7 p.m.

If one ever doubted Schrader's desire to race, look no further than his schedule at Phoenix this weekend. The "M & M's"® driver will keep the track hot this weekend as he will compete in three of the four races at Phoenix International Raceway. Schrader is slated to compete in the Southwest Tour race on Thursday, the Craftsman Truck race on Friday and the Winston Cup race on Sunday.

Schrader has a special fondness for the one-mile flat track known as the "Desert Jewel." Schrader has visited victory lane at Phoenix more than any other driver. To date, Schrader has 12 wins to his credit in Phoenix, and he hopes to add to that total this weekend.

Back