Kendell Lopez - Hard Charger Once Again!

DriverWebsites

Seven races in and the Independence, Missouri native Kendell Lopez has scored 5 top five’s with her highest finish being a third and the lowest at a sixth. Very impressive for a rookie driver.

Kendell came into this season with only a few karting events and a couple stock car driving schools under her belt and teamed up with veteran car owner, Tim Huddleston with High Point Racing, to drive the #59 Langers S2 car. She has proven that she is one to contend with week in and week out and it is very exciting to watch her drive the Langers S2 because she consistently passes cars and puts on a show for everyone at the speedway.

This past weekend was the second to last race for her in the Rent Your Ride High Point Racing #59 at the famed Toyota Speedway and she showed once again that she was determined to move through the field of cars. In her qualifying efforts, she nailed a time just outside the top five to put her sixth on the board. The top five had the invert, so the 18 year old Latina driver had to start the race from the outside of the third row.

At the beginning of the 25 lap event, Kendell did not get the best of starts and fell back from the pack. With the start that was handed to her, she began gaining momentum and racing hard with fellow competitor, Jeff Phillips. Phillips got by Kendell early in the race to put Kendell back in the seventh position.

“When I fell back to seventh, I knew that wasn’t where I wanted to be,” exclaims Kendell. “I started entering the corners harder and harder which gave me so much drive back off the corners. We started getting faster and faster and then we caught back up to Jeff (Phillips).”

Kendell advanced to sixth as she went by the #97 and focused her attention to Robert Tallini in the number five spot.

“Tallini was about a half of a straightaway ahead of us,” says Lopez. “We were closing in on him every lap and I knew we were fast enough to make it into the top five.”

Kendell kept making here consistent fast laps and after just a couple more turns she was able to overtake Robert Tallini and put the Rent Your Ride High Point Racing #59 into the fifth position.

With Kyle Longmore a full straightaway ahead of #59, Kendell drove the car hard attempting that last lap pass for fourth. Unfortunately Kendell ran out of laps and fell short to finish the race at fifth.

“Good qualifying times and great starts are what we need for every race,” explains Kendell. “I just didn’t get the best start and we certainly didn’t qualify where we needed to this week. But, I am very happy with the night as we were able to win the Hard Charger Award and put the Rent Your Ride High Point Racing #59 in the top five once again. Every week I learn something new and that is what it is going to take. Seat time is what I am looking for and eventually we will get that win!”

Kendell has one more regular scheduled race coming up in the Langers S2 on the 12th of October so be sure to stay tuned to www.kendelllopezracing.com for all the latest news and other updates!

Radio Show!!
Be sure to tune into www.midvalleysports.com at 9PM (PST), 11PM (CST) to listen to Kendell on the sports show and alongside Kendell on the radio show will be Toyota Speedway AC Delco Super Late Model Track Champion, Nick Joanides.

Fast Facts on the Weekend:
-Kendell has raced 6 races in the Langers S2 Sportsman Class including an exhibition race on the fourth of July. Throughout those six races, she has been in the top five 5 times and her lowest finish is 6th.

-Lopez earned her second Hard Charger Award of her rookie season this past Saturday.

Kendell Lopez Official Website
The next race on the schedule is coming up on September 26th so be sure to follow Lopez and her amazing accomplishments as a rookie driver in the Langers S2 Sportsman’s via her official website, www.kendelllopezracing.com. While at the website, be sure to sign the guestbook to let young Kendell know that you stopped by.

Special Thanks To:
Rent Your Ride (www.rentyourride.com), High Point Racing, Rocking L Ranch, Justice Brothers (www.justicebrothers.com), Racing Plus (www.racingplus.com) and Aviation Fuel Depot.

High Point Racing – High Point Racing (HPR) is the premier organization in NASCAR currently at Toyota Speedway. The Team currently fields five Late Models, 1 Super Late Model and 3 S2 teams for a total of 9 cars in the stable. Tim Huddleston, a three-time racing champion, owns High Point Racing based out of Simi Valley, California.

Langers S2 Sportsman Car - The series features a turnkey spec economy stock car with a fully fabricated chassis built by Race Car Factory of Irwindale, California. and High Point Racing of Agoura Hills, Calif. The car includes a spec plastic body featuring a NASCAR Sprint Cup style rear wing from Five Star Racecar Bodies of Twin Lakes, Wis. and a Chevy 350hp sealed crate engine power plant. The complete turnkey cost of the racecar, estimated at $25,000, will serve as a stepping-stone for those competitors graduating from the Legends Cars or other similar divisions, and expects to attract sportsman drivers who are looking to compete in an affordable and competitive racing series.

Back