Kentucky Lake March 4th

I am planning on going to Kentucky Lake for the $10K to win show on March 4th. It will be my first trip there. I was wondering if anyone who has been there before could give any advice or information about the track. I live in South County, St. Louis and was planning on leaving around noon time; I figure that will get me there around 3:30 or so. Because it is a bigger show, should I be able to get a decent seat at that time? Do they have seats all around the track or just on the front stretch? Are the concessions decent (as good as I-55's) or should I think about bringing food in (if allowed?)? I'm planning on coming back to St. Louis the same night so no need for a hotel, but any other information is welcome. Thanks for everyone's help!

you will like KLMS.... it is a really nice place.... the seating is just on one side..nice aluminum bleachers which are built in the side of the hill.. directly behind you which is all on concrete slab are the concessions... food is good..

you will not have trouble finding a place to sit....

I live in Robinson , Il.... takes me about 3 to 3 and a half hours to get there...we drive home same night too..

I also live in the South County area...

KLMS, especially the last few years with new promoter, has always been a good experience. The only negative was they used to drag the show out unmercifully. That's better now. Sherri has been extremely fair on ticket prices. Food is as good or better than I-55. Stay away from turn 4 seating imo, way too much dust and rocks. It's a sweet place, you won't be disappointed.

KLMS is my home track. You might want to try to set close to the middle of front stretch. Rocks are also bad down towards turn 1. That is really the only bad thing about the place. I would suggest bringing some safety glasses or goggles if anything just to protect you from the dust. It can be dusty. Sherri has done a wonderful job in promoting the track. I cannot praise her enough about what she has done. She has put together an incredible schedule this year which has everyone pretty excited down here in these parts. She is also offering one of the better payouts for drivers that I have seen. The future is very bright, especially for all of us that saw what the previous ownership did to the place.

I also hope that Schrader can do for Paducah what he has done for I-55. I come to I-55 3 or 4 times a year for their special events. For those of you up there that don't think Schrader is upgrading I-55 fast enough, need to be more patient. Everytime I come up there, I leave more impressed.

Look forward to March 4th. Hope you enjoy your visit.

I am going there for my first time as well. I would recommend bringing plenty of warm gear, because the average low is in the lower 30's during that time of year.

KLMS is one of my favorites.....foods good, seating is perfect, and has great racing.....make sure you bring something to sit on because those aluminum bleachers get very cold.....other than that....dress warm and have a safe ride their!

armoflu said:
KLMS is one of my favorites.....foods good, seating is perfect, and has great racing.....make sure you bring something to sit on because those aluminum bleachers get very cold.....other than that....dress warm and have a safe ride their!

Good call: their big race last fall I about froze to death.

For any of you were down there, did you see all those propane heaters in the bleachers? Looked like a deer hunters like racin'

Wonderful facility and great racing action as well. Only time I haven't seen a good race was at the 99 last year when the track locked down. Great bathrooms and the hill that overlooks the pit area makes for an awesome picture!

The only bad thing is the parking situation. Not sure if anything can or will ever be done about that. Otherwise KLMS is by far the best facility I've ever been to.

Looking forward to the 99 again coming this May. It's a great area to attend a two day show cause there's a lot to do around the lake. I went down by myself last year and ate good and enjoyed the lake. If you've got a boat you could get some lake time in for sure! My one wish would be to have I-55 and KLMS closer together for a Friday/Saturday program!

Thanks everyone for the responses and advice. Qwaynick, out of curiosity what is the parking situation? Is it just a relatively small area or is it difficult to get out of? Just curious. Again, thanks everyone for the replies!

Dan

Now that I realize that hot laps start at 2, qualifying at 3, and racing has been changed to 5, I will be leaving St. Louis around 9am to get there between 12 and 1. Definitely looking forward to my first race of the season. Hopefully the weather will be nice.

The parking situation is that there is not enough of it. I guess on a regular race night, there is enough parking, but on the big shows there is not enough parking. You can park around the backside of the track, but it is a long walk around the front and up a hill also. Other then that, it is a great track. I have been there 5 times in the past two years and every time we go, we have had a blast both racing and just watching. Their food, awesome! Not only is it good and plenty to choose from, but the prices...cheap! Bathrooms are really nice and clean. They have a lot of stands set up that you can buy shirts, cars, etc. And last but not least, the bleachers are really nice too.

Back