Keselowski wins Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers 250

stlmrn

Staff member
Brad Keselowski won the Coors Light Pole Award for the Missouri-Illinois Dodge Dealers 250 with a track-record of 33.158 seconds, 135.714 mph.

This is his second pole in 88 NASCAR Nationwide Series races. This is his first pole in 2009.

Reed Sorenson was second posting his first top-10 start of 2009 and his four in five races at Gateway International Raceway. For Sorenson, this continues his success at Gateway.

"I have had really good cars here in the past," said Sorenson. "I've had good race cars here in the past and like this race track. I think it's just a combination of those two have given us an opportunity to get two wins [at Gateway]."

Justin Allgaier was the fastest qualify rookie in 13th place.

Allgaier has become quite the celebrity in his home state of Illinois. He has become so popular that Gateway sold over 1,000 tickets to the "Justin Allgaier" section of the race track.

"I can't wait to get back to Gateway," said Allgaier. "It is my home track, so to speak. There are going to be a lot of family and friends there to watch our Verizon Wireless Dodge."

With a top-10 finish at Chicagoland Speedway last Friday, Allgaier remains the leader in the Nationwide Series Rookie-of-the-year battle. The Riverton, Illinois native is currently ranked sixth overall in the series driver standings.

Back