Korte's "Eldora Good Luck Charm"

A couple of weeks ago Randy & Lori Korte got a call from a friend that is a nurse at St. Louis Children’s Hospital. She told them about an 8 year old boy that was in the hospital and really needed some cheering up. It just so happened that this little guy was a Korte fan. Later that afternoon Randy and Lori gathered up some pictures, shirts and videos (of Xtreme Races that Randy was in) then headed to the hospital to make a surprise visit.

They went to the room she had told them and there they met a great little guy named Cody and his parents Eddie & Kim. Cody and his family are regulars at I-55. When Cody was 2 years old he won the Jr. Fan Club, he chose to ride around the track with Randy and he never forgot it. He told Randy that he always liked the black cars the best and that he couldn’t wait to see him again at I-55.

Randy & Lori spent some time talking with him and left him some “stuff”. Randy invited him to spend some time with him at the shop when got out of the hospital. He also promised him a ride in the 2 seater Late Model at P.I.R. if he could talk his Mom & Dad into bringing him down sometime. Cody gave Randy a picture he had drawn of his car to take with him. Randy & Lori were truly touched by this little guy and were glad they could make him smile for a while.

The GOOD news is that Cody was released from the hospital and may be able to attend the I-55 Nationals this weekend.

Randy, Lori and the whole Korte crew hope to see him there!

While Randy and the crew were preparing the car for Eldora, they came up with a perfect place to display Cody’s fine artwork.

This picture became the “Eldora Good Luck Charm”.

Thanks Cody!!

Go 00 !!!!

00BusDriver

THAT IS AWESOME THAT SHOWS PEOPLE WHAT KIND OF GUY RANDY IS THEY CAN ALL SAY OH HE IS A BAD GUY THAT JUST PROVED ALL OF THEM WRONG RANDY YOU ARE A TRUE GENTLEMAN GOOD LUCK AT FLORA AND I-55.

that is cool..I know alot of drivers that would love to do this and would if they were called upon. I dont know this kid but if it were my kid I would really appreciate it Randy .. Thanks

GOOD LUCK CHARM!

At the WORLD i seen that in Randys car,I thought that was his kids art work. Now that I know where it came from, I think it should stay in the car the rest of the year.

That's awesome!!! I had a sister that was terminally ill..and spent countless hours and days at Children's. These type of things mean EVERYTHING to them.

What a great story ! Atta boy Randy that shows quite a bit about you.....I hope all the Korte bashers read this article , I'm sure it make them think twice.....

What a great thing for Randy to do.

It's also great to hear that the little guy is out of the hospital. Good luck to Cody!

Good luck to Randy and crew this weekend. How about taking home $12K this weekend?

I know this boy and his family from sitting right above me for years. I noticed they have not been to the races in seveeral weeks. Yes CODY is a HUGE Korte fan as well as his mom and dad. WOW RANDY you really did show some great colors.
I know this child has always thought of you as #1 and he will always remember what you did I am sure as well as his parents.
What a WONDERFUL response you and your wife had. I know this family was probally over whelmed and pleased as I find myself in the same thoughts as I read this. Congratulations on doing what heros do for kids. What a FANTASTIC thing ya'll did. This family are hard workers and have the boys which I know they are the sun and the moon to them..... Hats off you win.... No Championships, no million dollars you won more than that I am sure or you would have never went to the hospital. NICE JOB!!!
A new respect has been formed from this fan that appreciated what you did....

Lisa

Randy's Goodluck Charm

This touched me very much. Being a father of an extra special child my self, I find it impressive that someone would do that for a special junior fan. For my wife and myself we find them more inspirational than any thing else. He {our son } is also the reason our car has not seen dirt in almost 6 years, sometimes I miss racing but I look at him and it's O.K. then. So Randy Korte, best of luck and GOD BLESS YOU!:)

Thanks everyone, I'll pass this along to Randy.

If you know the Korte's very well, you would know that this nothing out of the ordinary. Randy & Lori and the crew know that the fans are what it's all about. They love racing and are always willing to help out.

Thanks again.

Go 00 !!!

00BusDriver

Cody

Cody glad to see you got to make it to the races. Hope ya enjoyed your first night back. That was a nice looking trophy you got. Hope you feel better.

THAT WAS A REALLY NICE THING RANDY AND LORI DID.

IT WAS REALLY COOL FOR RANDY TO GIVE CODY THAT CoC TROPHY LAST NIGHT ALSO. I'M NOT SURE WHAT A TROPHY MEANS TO RANDY SINCE I'M SURE HE HAS WON HUNDREDS OF THEM. BUT, I'M PRETTY SURE I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS TO THAT LITTLE BOY FOR RANDY TO GIVE IT TO HIM. IT WOULDN'T SURPRISE ME A BIT IF RANDY SEES CODY 20 YEARS FROM NOW, AND THAT LITTLE BOY(GROWN MAN) TELLS RANDY HE STILL HAS IT DISPLAYED SOMEWHERE SPECIAL.

THANK YOU RANDY! THAT WAS PRICELESS!

Back