Korte's Farewell Tour 2014

mpally

Say it ain't so! I'll never forget the first time my daughter and I watched Randy race at I-55. He immediately became her favorite driver. I guess I'm being a little selfish as I'm sure the last few years have been tough on him, but it won't be the same without having Randy in the field.

It was in their press release earlier this week.

He plans to run mainly locally with a few regional specials added in.

He wants to devote more time to his family.

Randy has come a long way since his days in a street stock at Highland. His career has been something to be proud of and it came with hard work and dedication to the sport. He has been blessed with some great car owners and some great racing equipment. Add his talent as a driver and you have a true champion.

Been watching Randy since he ran open wheels at highland 20+ years ago. Truly going to miss seeing him. Just praying that he comes through all this.
GO GO DOUBLE O!

I think he also getting a hip replacement. Doc probably told him that driving wasn't too good on replacement parts. Wish him good luck on the operation especially with his history & will miss his racing. It just never seemed right him in #81. Agree with above gogo #00!!

No, he will be driving his own stuff in the #00. Says he going to use some old paint schemes from previous years.

wow great deal can't wait to see randy in the 00 again he has done a lot for dirt latemodel racing in general, for dirt racing in the st. louis area, including I-55 raceway most driver's would have already retired but not king kong korte!!!!!

Some love him some hate him but I got the pleasure to work for him and become very close to him and get to know the real randy inside and out.Kong you will be greatly missed you are a legend in the Midwest dirt area and the sport needs you in some way.I wish you the best in your new journey's and hope you enjoy the time you will have with your family as I know you will GOOD LUCK NEXT YEAR DAD!!!

My Favorite was the Black with the red/maroon reflective 00. Back when they were stickers and not complete wraps. probably late 90's car. Bring it back!!!
No matter who your favorite driver is, I can almost guarantee that Randy has helped them in one way or the other. Weather it was setup advice, driving advice, chassis advice, or just by watching him on the track. He probably made your driver faster.

Back