Lake Hill track record

rvincent21

rvincent21
heres a challenge for all you that remember lake hill speedway. i would like to know if my uncle fred teedie was the track record holder when the speedway closed down

Nice to see Lake Hill's name be brought up. Anyone been by there lately? It's been 8 weeks or more since I was there. Weeds and grass growing up again at that time and water up to the infield fence. Any word on whats up?

i work at the shop nearby that schraders brother owns and took a walk across the tracks the other day at lunch. but because of the recent flood, all i saw was water. i could see the top of one building though i assume was a concession stand. ive had a fascination with this race track even though it was closed nearly 10 years before i was born

We ran there in 79 with Dale Roper driving,I remember the track record being 14.99 held by Fred Tiede. Dale said that was set when the cars were 427 big blocks and tires that were 15" wide. Fred and his dad Louie were still held in high regard and they hadn't raced there in 5 or 6 years. The cars we raced in 79 were 350s and a little lighter than the car Fred ran but the tires we ran were 8" DOT Hoosiers.Dale did manage to qualify at 15.16 one night only to get beat by Rusty Wallace with a 15.12, I don't remember anyone getting any closer than that. I don't know what year Fred was track champ,but I know Dean Roper was in 71.

i work at the shop nearby that schraders brother owns and took a walk across the tracks the other day at lunch. but because of the recent flood, all i saw was water. i could see the top of one building though i assume was a concession stand. ive had a fascination with this race track even though it was closed nearly 10 years before i was born
Thanks, Looks like that answers the question of will anything ever be bult there with racing in mind. I call this one dead in the water. No fun intended.:(

bill schrader says this time of year the area will always have high water levels. looks like the flooding problem still exists lol but ill go have a look and take some pics and post them

Back